CorrosionX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this. Supposed to be a great rust preventer and a good lubricant for slides , etc. Thanks in Advance
GregH

I use it all the time for many different purposes. It’s the best rust preventative I’ve ever used. It also has EP chemistry, which makes it very good for slides, bolts, etc. I usually clean my firearms with Hoppes, then do a wipe down and run a patch through the bore with CorrosionX.

Just for giggles, I’ve taken a piece of mild steel sheet metal, cleaned it with B12, then coated it with CorrosionX, and left it outside for a few months in the winter. There was ZERO rust. This stuff is really an amazing penetrating oil, cleaner, and rust preventative.

Encase you didn’t know, their main business is Aerospace, where they have a network of applicators that spray down airframes and electric systems to prevent corrosion. I learned about if from my boat dealer, who uses it to prevent engine corrosion. Their stuff is fully dielectric, so you can spray in onto circuit boards, electric motors, etc.

Their product apparently competes with Boeshield T-9 (developed by Boeing for airframe corrosion protection) though it’s not waxy like Boeshield.

Encase you decide to try some, all of their products, except Heavy Duty (a thicker version), are the same, just relabeled. So, go by price.

How much is this stuff?

ATF is dielectric (at least I hope so - Ford 4R70Ws have circuit boards and wires soaked in ATF) and works very well at preventing rust and atmospheric rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back