CorrosionX, HD and Amsoil MP and HDMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

Has anyone determined if there is a difference between corrosionX and Amsoil MP, or Corrosion X HD and Amsoil HDMP?

Their write-ups, etc. are so close, I have to wonder if Amsoil licenses the stuff.

Any thoughts?

It's a possibility because I'm pretty sure Amsoil doesn't have a pressure canning line. However, I'll bet the formula is slightly tweaked to Amsoil specs.

The coolant is a good example. Made to Amsoil's specs. Same with filters.

No big deal.

nope, no big deal... the write-ups on the sites were so close, including the part about spraying electronic parts, that I had to wonder. makes it easier if it is the same, as it can be bought through Amsoil!

My question would be that Amsoil MP has been around since the early 70's and the Corrosion company was founded in Feb. 1988.

I have all of the above except for the Amsoil MP.

The MPHD is a spray wax. The Corrosion X HD is more like a spray slime. The 2 are very different.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

The MPHD is a spray wax. The Corrosion X HD is more like a spray slime. The 2 are very different.

I had no concept of Corrosion X HD....very interesting.

Hey fellas,

I've used three of the above - never tried regular Amsoil MP.

The regular CorrosionX is a clear liquid. It's somewhat viscous, but it doesn't dry and remains liquid. I use it on my firearms for long term protection and love it. We use it at work as well. No cleaning is required between storage and use of the item its applied to.

CorrosionX HD dries to a clear, waxy, as someone above said, slimy substance. It's a lot like LPS3 - a soft, waxy coating. I like it for long term protection. It does need to be cleaned off before use.

Amsoil MPHD dries to a tough, brownish/yellow coating. It's a very long-term protectant and is very tough to remove. Perfect for underbody coating, etc... This is tough stuff. I use it on bumpers, hitch balls, etc...

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that MPHD is a repacked CorrosionX product called MaxWax. It smells, looks, and dries to the same hard coating as the MPHD. I like them both.

later,
ben

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Tempest

I had no concept of Corrosion X HD....very interesting.

They advertise it for uses in direct water contact. Cables, boat trailer suspensions and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back