corrosion inhibitor

I have come across this product over here which sounds good (in theory) designed to be diluted with water and sprayed on to stop rust. It can be safely applied to brake discs and other metal parts without affecting their performance. But it is not long lasting and is washed away quickly.

We have 80~100% humidity all year round and unless the car is used everyday, you always get rust on the discs. I thought this is perhaps a solution which I can also use on motorcycle chain. It is very expensive though!

Has anyone used this product or know of a similar alternative?
thanks

1613384731256.png

I have not heard of it, but if you just need something for a motor chain, I wouldn’t sweat it and use a cleaner and a wax. That’s if you don’t have an o-ring sealed chain.

But I’d prefer a wax over an oil because the oil will collect all sorts of dust, dirt, salt, etc.

As for rotors, I never have even considered trying to prevent rust on a rotor, because as soon as you apply the brake the surface rust goes away. My two cents.

I had an american racing chrome rims which looked terrible, all with rust dots because of heavy snow and salt on the roads. I just polished it using 3M perfect-it and it looked great, but on the next winter season rust dots started appearing again. I think if I would do that again, it will be a good idea to use varnish after polishing, as in theory it will let the rust to hide for a longer period of time.

Back