Correct pressure for a +0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can load tables be found online? I know I've seen threads on here where people come up with different pressures but now that I'm searching, I'm coming up with nothing.

My SRT4 had upgraded tires when I bought it and I've always played around with different pressures but just for kicks, I'd like to know what is correct.
original tires: BFG KDW 205/50R17 93Y at 32psi per placard
current tires: Sumitomo 225/45R17 94Y

That size KDW is no longer produced but from what I could find online it must have been an XL tire as it was rated 93Y. I assume since the load ranges are so close, the official inflation pressure will be very close as well.

Canawler,

+5 psi.

So how did I do the calculations?

As you pointed out, it is easy if you have the load tables. But the load tables are copyrighted and not allowed to be published. Some tire manufacturers will make bits and pieces available, but not the entire book! (It's an inch thick, so that's just not feasible.)

But here is a short cut.

1) If both tires are Standard Load (SL), then the psi difference is very close to 1 psi for every 1 Load Index.

2) If the tires are SL vs XL (Extra Load), the XL takes 6 psi more to get the same load. Adjust from there according to #1 above.

Thanks Capri, that's much appreciated.
I forgot to add that the newer tires are also XL so we're back to 1 psi difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back