Correct oil

Can any 1 tell me wot the correct engine oil for a 1994 ford f53 7.5ltr v8 its an a class american rv based in uk and also correct gearbox oil many thanks

Xw30, although you should be able to run it on anything, I believe 10W40, 15W40, and 20W50 are more popular in your part of the world, any of those would be fine..

Define “gearbox” for us on this side of the pond…which Ford transmission do you have in your Class A?

Also, this isn’t about the board, it’s about oil, so I’m moving it to the oil subforum.

5w-30 or 10w-30 motor oil, should be just under 6 quarts with filter change.

Should be Mercon V for both auto E4OD and manual S5-42 transmissions.

Xw30, although you should be able to run it on anything, I believe 10W40, 15W40, and 20W50 are more popular in your part of the world, any of those would be fine..
Will 20w50 be ok for a petrol as i forgot say its a petrol efi engine many thanks

Define “gearbox” for us on this side of the pond…which Ford transmission do you have in your Class A?

Also, this isn’t about the board, it’s about oil, so I’m moving it to the oil subforum.

Will 20w50 be ok for a petrol as i forgot say its a petrol efi engine many thanks
Any oil will be fine, old American push rod V8s were never that peculiar about what oil you used, as long as you made sure they had enough oil and as long as it's the appropriate grade for winter in your climate.

Im not sure type of transmission will check ob that and get bk to u on that

yes im uk dnt understand ur question about rv ?

Where is the motor home used. Is it used in a place that is hot? Is it used in a place that is generally temperate?
This can affect the motor oil recommendation.

Ol Nigel, I'd recommend anything above a 10w-30 personally.

Just uk so wheather can be cold in winter and wet in summer and warm but no its not used in extreme heat so as ur fellow country man says 10w40 /15w40 or a 20w50 i asum the 20w50 will be ok for a gas engine looked on amazon and says this 1is for diesels (20w50)

Just uk so wheather can be cold in winter and wet in summer and warm but no its not used in extreme heat so as ur fellow country man says 10w40 /15w40 or a 20w50 i asum the 20w50 will be ok for a gas engine looked on amazon and says this 1is for diesels (20w50)
As long as it's oil that's rated for both gas and diesel like an ACEA A1/B1, A3/B3 or A3/B4 oil.

Last edited:
Back