Correct me if I am wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people will tell you Delvac 1 is an incredible oil. It's for diesel engines but can be used in gas engines. It's a 40wt. though and hard to find. You have to order it. I don't think it has Moly in it. For extended drains, D1 and Amsoil's S3k are excellent oils. I like S3k bc it's a 5w-30.

My local Walmart has Delvac 1 for sale. No need to order....
wink.gif

In our quest for the best oil for the buck I just noticed something that my be of interest, at least I don't think I've heard anyone take notice.
The best OTR oil by consensus seems to be Delvac 1. After comparing the VOA of Delvac 1 and Delvac 1300 Super, it seems the additive package is somewhat similar. Some amounts of moly but also Magnesium and Boron. If good base oil is used should this oil not be a possible sleeper. I wonder if tho the higher ash content would limit its use in aircooled or perhaps auto engines. I am looking for a universal oil in case I haven't been obvious. Probably 15w40 unless that weight presents someproblem.
Any and all please comment!
Thanks
GregH

Walmarts in my area don't carry any Mobil products, and also not Chevron Supreme. We are certainly behind the times
GregH

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Many people will tell you Delvac 1 is an incredible oil. It's for diesel engines but can be used in gas engines. It's a 40wt. though and hard to find. You have to order it. I don't think it has Moly in it. For extended drains, D1 and Amsoil's S3k are excellent oils. I like S3k bc it's a 5w-30.

As buster said the Delvac 1 has no moly but the 1300 does. In Georgia the 15W-40 would be good-depending on what type of vehicle you have. Perfect for higher milage big block guys. What do you have??

Thanks for the replies. The vehicles it would be used in are a Ford Ranger V-6 that I use for hauling my Kubota tractor, and also the tractor. They make a 10-30 Delvac 1300 also.
GregH

So would the 1300 be a good choice for my Big Block 396 in my 65 Impala SS? One of these days I'm going to do a UOA but I just don't drive the beast that much with it only getting 8 mpg.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back