Corporate Landlord takes over duplex doubles rent refuses check/cash

Well as a current landlord, my mortgage payment would go away but of course I'd still be stuck with property taxes, insurance and water bills, but they're less than the current mortgage. Never said your costs go to zero, there's still maintenance to do but during covid times people haven't been complaining as much and as I've owned things for a long time, most major expenses like roof, heating system, plumbing, kitchens and bath I've done in the last 5-10 years so my expenses have been low the last few years. My properties were bought in the time when you could get a 2nd mortgage on investment property so my initial investments have been pretty low actually and I've just been lucky I guess to see property values really shoot up over the last few years along with the rents. Haven't had any deadbeat tenants lately too, maybe I'm just starting to get better screening tenants. But yeah, landlord is a part time business you can do really late into life, I've heard of landlords still at it in their 80's. It's really a management thing, got to know the right people to call for a particular problem.
Yeah timing the market is everything though, imagine you bought back in 06, you could be wiped out. If you bought in 10 then you got a great bargain.

This isn't about landlording but more about when you can afford to buy and when you cannot, so there really isn't a sure fire way to make money as a landlord.

Well as a current landlord, my mortgage payment would go away but of course I'd still be stuck with property taxes, insurance and water bills, but they're less than the current mortgage. Never said your costs go to zero, there's still maintenance to do but during covid times people haven't been complaining as much and as I've owned things for a long time, most major expenses like roof, heating system, plumbing, kitchens and bath I've done in the last 5-10 years so my expenses have been low the last few years. My properties were bought in the time when you could get a 2nd mortgage on investment property so my initial investments have been pretty low actually and I've just been lucky I guess to see property values really shoot up over the last few years along with the rents. Haven't had any deadbeat tenants lately too, maybe I'm just starting to get better screening tenants. But yeah, landlord is a part time business you can do really late into life, I've heard of landlords still at it in their 80's. It's really a management thing, got to know the right people to call for a particular problem.

How many rentals do you own ?

Back