CORE gasless string trimmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After messing around with gas-powered string trimmers and not liking them, I'm looking into cordless electrics. The CORE gasless trimmer seems to be a decent machine from the reviews. There is also a local dealer to get warranty work. It is a bit spendy at $300+tax, although I can console myself that it's US-made.

Links:
http://www.amazon.com/CGTSD-Gasless-Powe...ds=core+trimmer

http://coreoutdoorpower.com/products-page/trimmers/cgt400-trimmer/

Thoughts or other cordless string trimmers that have been good to folks?

Let us know how it works out. I've looked at them but stuck with my Echo because I've got a lot of trimming to do. I like to start the job and get it done in 2 days and get it over with. It' no my favorite thing to do. I would not like to get strung out waiting for batteries to be re-charged.

seems pricy, what are you trimming?

They have decent li-ion models for around 100$ as long as you are just doing grass.

Then again my used craftsman 60$ still going fine.. expect another 3-4 years troublefree min.

What dont you like about gas powered?

This one seems pretty heavy and not as powerful as even a 100$ gas model.

its also limited to a fairly short cutting radius and has crummy thin line (you can probably find better thin line of course)

Almost everyone I've met who had issues either

Ran them dry, or stored them vertical.

Last edited:
I bought my Mom a Ryobi cordless trimmer with 2 batteries & a fast charger, she hasn't run out of power yet (swaps batteries & keeps going). Cheap from Home Depot.

Is this for pro or home use? How much area do you have to do?

I've got a Ryobi Li-ion cordless and it's been great so far. I do 1/3 acre and usually only use 1/4 or less of the charge. And I've got the small battery (Ryobi has a few different sizes).

Originally Posted By: Smcatub
Is this for pro or home use? How much area do you have to do?

I've got a Ryobi Li-ion cordless and it's been great so far. I do 1/3 acre and usually only use 1/4 or less of the charge. And I've got the small battery (Ryobi has a few different sizes).

Home use, on about 1/2 acre with a lot of sidewalk because it's a corner lot.

I'm not keen on gas trimmers since the cheaper ones I've used have needed quite a bit of TLC to keep running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back