Cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two men were driving through Texas when they got pulled over by a State trooper.

The cop walked up and tapped on the window with his nightstick.

The driver rolled down the window and WHACK, the cop smacked him in
the head with his nightstick.

"What the heck was that for?" the driver asked.

"You're not in Missouri, son," the trooper answered. "When we pull you
over in Texas, you better have your license ready by the time we get to
your car."

"I'm sorry, officer," the driver said, "I'm not from around here."

The trooper runs a check on the guy's license--he's clean and gives
the guy his license back. The trooper then walks around to the passenger
side and taps on the window.

The passenger rolls down the window and
"WHACK", the trooper smacks him on the head with the nightstick.

"What"d you do that for?" the passenger demands.

"Just making your wish come true," replied the trooper.

"Making WHAT wish come true?" the passenger asked.

"Because I know your type," the trooper says, "two miles down the
road you're gonna turn to your buddy and say, 'I wish that turd
would've tried that crap with me!' "

Bringing back memories of the good ole days.Been a trooper 26 years.Now you pat them on the head and make sure their cookies are fresh and the milks cold enough...

lol.gif
Ain't that the truth. Gave many a wood shampoo back "in the day". Nowadays I think we are on the other end of the stick
frown.gif

Not all countrys put so many restraints on an officer. In Germany if you talk back to the police you get tuned-up real quick!! They will beat the heck out of you if you do not show them the up most respect!!! They also shoot first and ask questions latter so you generaly do not run. If they are expecting runners they bring the dogs with them!

I think the long term terrorist threats and the value placed on the officers life make for a different environment. I also thing the fact that you can call them and they are their quickly to handle any threat helps some too. You really do not picture them sitting in a car behind a structure waiting to nap a speeder on the autobahn! We once called the MP's three times for a riot happening out side our military houseing in Germany. After 30 minutes and no show and things getting really ugly we called the German police. They were their in less then 15 minutes in armoured vans with CS gas, machine guns and dogs! The crowd of Turks left as fast as their feet would carry them. 45 minutes after the riot was over the MP's showed up. Then they had the nerve to accuse of of fileing a false complaint!!!

THe same the has happened to me in the USA. i once lived in an apartment in college that was so close to the police station I could throw a baseball from my apartment to the police station. We had a bar/dance club across the street from us. One night when they let out their was a riot and they spilled into the apartment complex. They got in and were banging on appartment doors. I called the police when things first started to get out of control. After about 40 minutes they got pasted the locked lower doors. Then they started trying to break into people apartments. I had a dead bolt, kick plates armoured steel door frame etc..... I had my girlfriend go and get my shotgun from the bedroom. My door was being kicked so hard I knew it would only be a matter of time. I told the people at the door that they needed to move on. When they broke my door down and started comeing in I used the butt of the shotgun to hit the first guy in the head. Then I turned the barrle to the crowd pouring in.I then started kicking bodies down the stairs!!! They decided that my apartment building was not the place to be!!

I think it was a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time I called until the police arrived. They sent two police officers in a patrol car.

I let them know when they got their I was not impressed!!! I repaired the door the best I could and screwed a 2x4 across the door and into the steel fram for the night until I could get the land lord to fix it right! I stayed awake the rest of the mourning until day break.

My point is in some countrys you can actualy count on the police to be there and to protect you. In the USA that is usualy not the case! So I think the police are not looked upon by the people with the same respect and reverence.

I have even seen LEO's look the other way when a vilent crime was going down becasue they did not want to take the risk of getting hurt. I have seen neighbor hoods that police would not respond for a long time becasue it was a bad neighbor hood. I have also seen 12 cop cars roll up on me and two black friends because we were driveing throogh the "Country CLub" late at night. A white kid in a Tempo with two black kids looked out of place! Nothing like haveing 12 cop cars with 1-2 officers drive up on the lawn and pull iron on for no reason. Turns out I was droping off my friend at his uncle's(legal gardian) after partying. His uncle was not only a home owner at the Country Club he was also the aritect of the Country Club. It was a high class houseing area designed around a golf course and multiple lakes etc.... It was in Georgia and most of the house wer $500,000++.

You know I think one of my favorite police chase videos is when they chase a guy up to the US/Mexican border...he went on through...only to be met by the Mexican police ...who ran up to his car and filled it with bullets! Score one for the Policiea! ( the criminal being chase a had robbed a store, shot and killed the owners)

To be honest, the "older" Texas State Troopers around here are a joy to deal with. They're professional, yet polite as only southerners know how to be, just as long as extend them the same courtesy. And as long as you weren't doing something very unlawful or stupid, they'll even cut you a break occasionally. But alas, they're far and few between these days.

Mr.Browning I will not apoligize or make excuses for any officer that would not act for fear of being injured. Acts of cowardice are simply not acceptable. As far as response times that is a monster in and of itself. Since departments all over the country are so different there is no good answer. Most try to prioritize calls based on the immediate danger but most if not all depts are short handed. I work in a county of roughly 110,000 people. It is not uncommon for our night shift to only have 1 0r 2 troopers on at a time. The Sheriffs dept handles most calls that aren't on the Interstate but if we get a direct call sometimes it's going to take a while to respond if it's a long distance away.Yes it would be nice to have more troopers working but sometimes thats all we have available and citizens have to accept that.

quote:

Originally posted by farrarfan1:
Bringing back memories of the good ole days.Been a trooper 26 years.Now you pat them on the head and make sure their cookies are fresh and the milks cold enough...

Even think that you have to treat them that way NOW because of the way you treated them back "in the good ole days?"
confused.gif

Just IMHO
darrell
sin city

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:

quote:

Even think that you have to treat them that way NOW because of the way you treated them back "in the good ole days?"
confused.gif

Just IMHO
darrell
sin city

You probably have a valid point but my response was seasoned with a touch of sarcasm and a dash of attempted humor.

Thanks to the American Criminal Lawyers Union the police are in more danger now than ever.

This summer I am RPOing for the first time in about 20 years. Should be interesting.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:

quote:

confused.gif

Just IMHO
darrell
sin city

You probably have a valid point but my response was seasoned with a touch of sarcasm and a dash of attempted humor.

Mine Too!
wink.gif

origanal post by Molakule
"This summer I am RPOing for the first time in about 20 years. Should be interesting."

Is that a reserve program? If so what department? If you don't want to answer that for privacy reasons I fully understand. I would love to do some type of reversal of that and work as an intern or something in a refiney of lab at one of the major oil companies.I am (along with every one else here) absolutely fascinated with oil and the accompanying chemistry.Maybe we could switch careers for a while. Naw you couldn't afford the pay cut. Be careful this summer. You are far too valuable to this board to get hurt by some scrotebag lowlife.

So is Officer Molekule going to pull you over and cite you for using the wrong viscosity??
What if someone is using dino in a synthetic County??
I can hear it now... "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse! Show me your vehicle service records! "
The worst would be if Molekule makes us get out of our cars for a four ball wear test!!

quote:

Is that a reserve program?

Right, a reserve program assisting the County Sheriff part time and during emergencies. Gotta do something when I'm not teaching. The Sheriff's dept. is spread real thin now with the Meth problem.

I usually don't get much lip since I'm 6'3 and weigh 225 lbs. We're issued Glocks in .40 S&W.

Farrafan1, what does your dept. issue?

I'll still be cookin' up my own brews, the legal kinds, of course, and working on some motor oil formulations.

So when you boys pass through this here County, better have your service records in order.
rolleyes.gif
Be safe out there, ya hear?
grin.gif

A couple of years ago I set out on a drizzly Sunday on clay roads to the mines. By Wednesday evening when I got to the capital after 4 days of driving mud roads in snow and sleet, 4x4 most of the way, as I was about 2 km from the hotel I was stopped by one of Bolivia's brightest cops. He told me my 4Runner was too dirty to drive in the city.
Oh, and add to that that I get told at least once a day by cops to turn off my daytime headlights, that I'm blinding people.

Molakule we carry Beretta model 96's with Speer gold dot 180 grain hollowpoints. We're also issued Beretta model 84's .380 with speer 90 grain hllowpoints for backup/off duty.I have always had a lot of admiration for cirtizens willing to volunteer their time to work as police officers. The Sheriffs dept in the county I'm assigned have a large reserve program. I've worked side by side with those guys with complete confidence.Looks like we'll be swithching over to Glocks this year.We've carried Berettas since 1990, first in 9MM then the .40. Gonna take a little getting used to. With you're size I'm sure you define the term "officer presence." I'm only 5-7 but run about 220 due to a lot of time in the weight room. And the buffet. Be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back