Copart find " truth in lending post".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GON
I am starting to forget some of the tools I have, and am occasionally buying a specialty tool only to find I already have it. Guess it sometimes comes with getting old...

My guess is the other tool went airborne yodeling at the mountains in one of the moments of "automotive satisfaction" ....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'd love to find a cheap Z06, GTR or 911 Turbo on that website...

Here you go and no black wheels.

You are very, very bad.
smile.gif

That Z06 would look great in my garage.
wink.gif

Don't feel bad. I think all of those were flood cars. They all look fine, but who knows. All nice to look at though.
smile.gif

Here is the follow up on this thread. Completed the S500 a few weeks ago. Had a unusually hard time buying a white donor car, seemed to have been a run on them, beats me why. Bought the required parts individually, I am being transferred across the country and did not have the luxury of time.

The one surprising discovery- the S500 was in a fender bender involving the passenger front. The body shop that did the work rigged it about as [censored] as one could do. It was shocking as this was a one owner dealer maintained S500, just 43k miles when I bought it. I speculate the body shop charged full boat to the elderly female owner, and then rigged the repairs. I did correct the body shop's rigged job during my rebuild.

The great thing- it does run/ drive like a dream...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
In these situations we have sellers looking to get more money than they could otherwise get and buyers thinking they are getting the sale of the century.

One of the two parties is bound to be disappointed.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^with very, very few exceptions, I see nothing but junk from Co-part. That's how it ends up their in the first place-someone deemed it junk".

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I wonder if that's how the fire started, because of the shoddy body repair in that area?

No, the S500 was in a garage- the garage caught on fire. But I am convinced the front bumper separated from the body on the passenger side because of the shoddy prior fender bender repair.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
In these situations we have sellers looking to get more money than they could otherwise get and buyers thinking they are getting the sale of the century.

One of the two parties is bound to be disappointed.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^with very, very few exceptions, I see nothing but junk from Co-part. That's how it ends up their in the first place-someone deemed it junk".

You bring up a very good point. The car business is full of hustlers, and copart gets a lot of the hustled cars.

A new to me trend at Copart is vandalized cars. But they really aren't. They are cars with major flaws (like a prior repair that could not be made right). They then vandalize the car, send it to copart, in hopes you will be fixated on the vandalism such as spray paint, razor blade slashed seats, etc. The paint, slashed seats, is all a rouse so you don't see they car has major frame damage, went to a body shop, they could not get it right, and sent it back to copart under the vandalism title (the Seller did the vandalism).

I have done ok with my coparts, but limit my targeted vehicles to S-class and GMs with 3.8L engines. I won't consider buying anything else, and I know those vehicles somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back