Copart 2018 Versa biohazard car

Will never understand how someone can ride around in what equates to a self-propelled dumpster.
Years ago driving into work one day, I pulled up next to a guy in some older Hyundai hatchback at a red light. The entire back seat area and passenger seat area had all sorts of trash build up all the way to the windows. It looked like he had enough space just to fit in the driver seat.

It looked like one of those hoarding shows on TV. NASTY!!!!

I don't count my time in the equation, gets too complicated. If I add it all up it sometimes comes to less than $5 an hour I'm making if there are things that come up I didn't expect. I think I can get it done by spending $1,000 to $1,500 assuming there isn't much more damage beyond the door or something mechanicaS
So assuming it runs you can replace the door, clean and paint it for $1,000.00ish dollars. That seems really low. Let us know.
Years ago driving into work one day, I pulled up next to a guy in some older Hyundai hatchback at a red light. The entire back seat area and passenger seat area had all sorts of trash build up all the way to the windows. It looked like he had enough space just to fit in the driver seat.

I have seen the same thing. Hoarding will often "spill over" to their vehicle.

Reactions: JC1
I don't smoke which would be a thousand times more hazardous than inhaling some penicillin. Heck, it probably strengthens my immunity.
Not all mold is penicillin, some of it is toxic. But I guess if you're wearing proper protective gear, it shouldn't be a problem.

I caught a ride home from the bar with a buddy one night in his Eclipse, and when I got in the car, I stepped ankle deep in aluminum cans. I don't understand a life where that's normal and ok. I'm sure glad I didn't get to see his house.

Reactions: JC1
Copart will definitely flag a car as biohazard for trash, but the standard seems to vary a lot. I guess it's at the discretion of the particular employee rather than a really specific standard. I'm betting this car was flagged due to the trash, there usually isn't a biohazard warning for such light crash damage. *Edit, just saw where you said it was flagged for mold, that makes sense.

I've also seen old vehicles that sat flagged that way I guess due to mold and mildew inside.

Copart will definitely flag a car as biohazard for trash, but the standard seems to vary a lot. I guess it's at the discretion of the particular employee rather than a really specific standard. I'm betting this car was flagged due to the trash, there usually isn't a biohazard warning for such light crash damage. *Edit, just saw where you said it was flagged for mold, that makes sense.

I've also seen old vehicles that sat flagged that way I guess due to mold and mildew inside.

Usually it's rotting food that will get a trash filled car tagged. Mold, mildew and blood are also possible.

People get into accidents on the way home from the grocery store, so even an averagely maintained car that had food left in it will be nasty.

Bio is the least of this car's problems. I'm suspicious of the missing key. If the engine knocks, do they roll the dice and hope to get more for the car if they send it though the auction without the key?

Looks like you may have to deal with some side (curtain and seat) airbags as well, not sure if Versa have seat belt tensioners as well so add that as a possible to the list.

Price at $1600 this morning in the pre-bid. Around $2000 with fees. That's more than parts car value to me. I'm parting out two of them and the only thing that sells well is the CVT.

From the pics, that thing has some fat wheels and tires. Maybe 18's. I could imagine under the hood lies a $10K+ built motor. Only explanation I can think off.

From the pics, that thing has some fat wheels and tires. Maybe 18's. I could imagine under the hood lies a $10K+ built motor. Only explanation I can think off.
Geez. I don’t care what you own. Take some pride. My 2012

Attachments

• E0B5B03B-4FF8-4B1F-A51D-608EDA2C7334.jpeg
    E0B5B03B-4FF8-4B1F-A51D-608EDA2C7334.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 7
Back