Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring($113) or Goodyear Eagle Sport($118)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
...... a US made tire (Eagle F1 Asymetrical)....... I would go with the Goodyears.
I have a used pair of U.S. made Eagle F1's that I got free & 4 U.S. made Hercules (Cooper) tires for $20, both sets I'm eager to use on my car. I used other tires of the same brands & all have given good service. The Goodyears have had better turn-in than Coopers, but all tires have handled well, giving better dry & wet braking, & cornering than small sized original tires.

Thanks to everyone so far who posted their insight.

If COO isn't important to you, I would go with the Goodyears.

what is a COO?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by doomie_22

what is a COO?

Country Of Origin

Last set of GY Eagle GT's I had were from Chile - they balanced well and better in the rain than the Kook's I took off the Explorer Sport ...

Is it safe to assume that the CS5 Ultra Tour would handle a long trip (1200+ miles) better than the Eagle Sport as far as road noise is concerned since its a Grand Tour tire vs a Summer tire?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by litesong
...... a US made tire (Eagle F1 Asymetrical)....... I would go with the Goodyears.
I have a used pair of U.S. made Eagle F1's that I got free & 4 U.S. made Hercules (Cooper) tires for $20, both sets I'm eager to use on my car.......
Thinkin' about all the tires I got cheap on Craigslist, I just decided to use some. Often go for daytrips, just to see my beautiful county. I expanded to see adjacent counties (& that is even sweeter). & now, I've journeyed to feel the connections between parts of my state. Sure, sure. Traveled to different states for vacation, or other purposes, but rarely just to drive. But this last month I've taken state wide daytrips, just because my bad back feels best in a car seat & is telling me, "I'm good to go". Traveling on cheap or free tires, gas that is sporadically lower-priced far from my place of residence, & able to avoid motels, my day-trips are affordable. Can everybody say, "FREEDOM, FREEDOM"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back