coolant test strips

They are ok in a pinch. But they are not the most accurate. When in doubt use a bulb type or a refractometer. They will generally be ok, if you are testing coolant made by the same company making the test strip, but I have seen very odd numbers when trying a test strip on a different brand of coolant. Maybe the add pack has a different ph or something.

if you're trying to measure dca levels in a diesel coolant, they work well for that. so long as they are not expired or have been exposed to air too much.

It can be challenge at some parts stores . Be sure to check the date at the counter.
Originally Posted By: sdan27
if you're trying to measure dca levels in a diesel coolant, they work well for that. so long as they are not expired or have been exposed to air too much.

I use CTS for DCA but NOT for antifreeze,use a regular tester bought at any auto parts store for that. i found when doing my DCA tests and then compare the freeze results from the test strips the test strips were waay off like 5 deg or more! don't trust them.