coolant mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question, I know. Still gotta ask. Changed the coolant in the truck today. When refilling, I first dumped a gallon of water in the bucket and then a gallon of coolant. Without letting it sit much I poured about half info the radiator. How fast does this stuff mix? I'm concerned now that I didn't let it sit enough to properly mix. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I probably would have mixed it some, but I would expect the agitation from pouring the coolant in would give you a pretty decent mix to start with.

How much did you add total this way? If just one gallon, I really wouldn't worry about it.

If you dumped the whole bucket in it doesn't matter a bit, as it will mix in your cooling system in a few minutes.

Thanks guys. Only half fit in. The system is now full.

It would have mixed by itself over time. When I flush mine I normal just undo the butterfly drain the radiator. Remove the hose. Then remove the thermostat and flush it there.

When I'm don't I simply connect it all and throw in a jug of 100% anti freeze and fill the rest up with a gallon of water. Check it in a few days and if need be simply bleed it there and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back