Coolant Leak In Nissan Sentra Repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now have my car back from having the coolant leak into the oil repaired. As soon as I drove it home I did an oil and filter change because of residual oil and coolant remaining with the dealer's changing it. In several days I'll do another change and drive it on that change only a few days. Then I'll change again and go back with normal 7.5k mile changes.

The repair was done under warranty.

This is a case where UOA practice paid off big. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known till it was too late.

cheers.gif

What oil are you running for the intervals?

Rugerman, I went to WallMart and picked up six quarts of $.97 SuperTech. These oil change intervals will be for only several days. I'm thinking this will get rid of residual amounts of coolant laden oil out of there. After, this I'll continue using Schaeffer's oil I have on hand.

I'd also like to comment that I asked the service consultant about what viscosities oil I want to use. I reminded him the owner's manual allows 5W-30, 10W-30, or 10W-40. I want to try a 5W-40 coming out (Schaeffer's 9000). His response was that he thinks that is a very fine idea. There would be no warranty problem from that.

On this repair they never asked me what oil I was using.

The service consultant did tell me he uses a Ring Power lab locally for oil analysis. He asked me where I had mine done. He never saw the documents I had sent to the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back