Coolant for toyota 08 tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently checked under the hood and notice the res was low and have to add anitfreeze. I m 200km from a toyota dealer. Is there a substuite coolant to top the res tank. I m thinking of changing the antifreeze over and run a more common antifreeze that i can pickup around town. I have been looking at peak global, what are your thoughts

I would assume the the Peak Global Life Time would be the choice of many if adding to the resivior. From what I have read here, this is what most people will use in Toyota's when not being able to get the Toyota recomended coolant. Or maybe even GO-5! Others will chime in with their recomendations as well

Originally Posted By: saskman
I recently checked under the hood and notice the res was low and have to add anitfreeze. I m 200km from a toyota dealer. Is there a substuite coolant to top the res tank. I m thinking of changing the antifreeze over and run a more common antifreeze that i can pickup around town. I have been looking at peak global, what are your thoughts

Personally I would (and have) just added distilled water to top it off.

For changing the antifreeze on my wife's Camry, I used Peak Global. It is a little hard to find in some areas, I found it at KMart of all places!
Much cheaper than Toyota antifreeze.
Another member did a lot of researching/talking/thinking about what to use in his Toyota (I'm thinking it was Bill in Utah) and in the end I believe he also used Peak Global.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...&gonew=1#UNREAD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: saskman

Stick in some distilled water for now. When you make a trip across town get it from the stealership....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back