Coolant flow rates?

Does anybody have some general numbers on coolant flow rates in a typical v10 engine. The V10 viper or Tourag would be a good comparison. I'm curious what this value might be on the higher end for cooling auxillary systems as well.

specs like that are pretty hard to find. I do have a data point from a completely different application... 94 Z28 with the LT1

Years ago I was trying to prove an electrical water pump doesn't move nearly as much coolant as the stock water pump. I ended up coming across some data which showed the flow rate of the stock pump was around 65 gallons per minute in the 5500-6000 rpm range. I would imagine the coolant flowrate on a V10 would be a decent amount higher than that.

I have not an answer to your question, but if you haven't found the answers you are looking for in a months time, I can then measure the external pulleys on my car, and with some facts of the impeller you can maybe do the math. Viper engines don't generally have anywhere near low capacity of the water pump, as they can hold up twice amount of power with the original one, when system is functioning properly, with just a radiator upgrade.

Back