Cool Honda Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

The one on the left side .. :) Never saw a filter like this
Honda OEM
comparison.jpg

Originally Posted By: adibigs
Does that weaved pleat paper element have any benefits over the non weaved pleat.

More media in the same amount of space.

is this a new version, i recall old honda filters are almost the same as the fram filters with the paper endcaps.

So I guess Honda may have stopped using Fram filters . Maybe I will start using the Honda OEM filters again (currently using WIX and PureOne)

AFAIK, Honda is still using Fram and Filtech for their automotive filters. Maybe this Purlux is from another division (power equipment, marine?)

Ndx, do you have a part number of a pic of the can?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: adibigs
Does that weaved pleat paper element have any benefits over the non weaved pleat.

More media in the same amount of space.

Yeah ..just stretch out the image and you see a much longer filter with straight pleats. Accordion'd on two planes.

I'm waiting for an engineered "spiral twist" media. We already have that when the cartridge filter are just a tad too long
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Im waiting for EAO cartridge filters ... Looks like I may white a while ..

My 2003 Saturn ION had a factory filter with the same pleat design. The filter was made in France.

Every replacement filter I ever used had ordinary pleats, and I have seen them from the U.K, Korea, Bulgaria, Germany, and Mexico.

Also, every other Ecotec factory filter I have ever seen was a Hengst.

It makes me wonder what happened when my car was built. Perhaps there was a shortage of Hengst filters in 2003?

EDIT: and I never saw a France-built Ecotec filter ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back