Conversation with GC Elves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, it was dream. Last oil change I had M1 5W-30 put in my Saturn SC2. So last night, while in la-la land, I heard soft music in the background. I think the song was, "Do you believe in magic". After a few moments, 3 elves appeared...they told me that my mileage on the M1 was nearing 3000 and while I could run synthetics much farther than that, I should change it. I asked him why and they explained that I had ran dino oil previously and the M1 was getting a bit dirty cleaning the engine up...he went on stating that it was "time for the conversion". The elves faded away...the music continued to play for a moment, then all was dark.

So this morning I woke with a mission.I then drained the M1 out, saving a bit for a UOA to check and see if the elves were right about the M1 being a bit dirty.

I replaced it with some M04 GC...it was strange, I kept hearing faint passages of "Do you believe in Magic" in the background but could not find a radio playing anywhere...strange.

So then it was off to work...traffic was relatively light as I cruised down the four-lane street at a sedate 45 mph. No cars near me as I approached a green light. Suddenly, without any input on my part, the brakes slammed on, the car came to a skidding halt, stopping me at the stoplight that was green. I was fling against my seat belt but other that being surprised, not harmed. A car appeared, running thru the red light at a high rate of speed. And I heard that music faintly again.

I turned around and headed back home, not a fence-sitting wannabe, but a true believer now. I retrieved the sample of the M1 I was saving for a sample and poured it into the container of used oil I was going to dispose of...no need to "check" the elves anymore...and strangely, as I poured the oil sample into the disposable container, I heard that music again....
fruit.gif

darrell
sin city

I'm starting to believe that this GC-mania is an underground movement to tee off Exxon-Mobil people who might be trolling BITOG!

Wanna see something funny?
"Heh! M05 isn't green, and according to StinkyPete's VOAs, it has a different additive pack than M04! Run, run, buy more M04!"

(hahahaha! Look at those crazy people run!)

LVHospiceRN:

You were not dreaming. This happens all the time. Why do you thing so many people have switched to GC. Yes, the elves are real!!!

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:
Okay, it was dream. Last oil change I had M1 5W-30 put in my Saturn SC2. So last night, while in la-la land, I heard soft music in the background. I think the song was, "Do you believe in magic". After a few moments, 3 elves appeared...they told me that my mileage on the M1 was nearing 3000 and while I could run synthetics much farther than that, I should change it. I asked him why and they explained that I had ran dino oil previously and the M1 was getting a bit dirty cleaning the engine up...he went on stating that it was "time for the conversion". The elves faded away...the music continued to play for a moment, then all was dark.

So this morning I woke with a mission.I then drained the M1 out, saving a bit for a UOA to check and see if the elves were right about the M1 being a bit dirty.

I replaced it with some M04 GC...it was strange, I kept hearing faint passages of "Do you believe in Magic" in the background but could not find a radio playing anywhere...strange.

So then it was off to work...traffic was relatively light as I cruised down the four-lane street at a sedate 45 mph. No cars near me as I approached a green light. Suddenly, without any input on my part, the brakes slammed on, the car came to a skidding halt, stopping me at the stoplight that was green. I was fling against my seat belt but other that being surprised, not harmed. A car appeared, running thru the red light at a high rate of speed. And I heard that music faintly again.

I turned around and headed back home, not a fence-sitting wannabe, but a true believer now. I retrieved the sample of the M1 I was saving for a sample and poured it into the container of used oil I was going to dispose of...no need to "check" the elves anymore...and strangely, as I poured the oil sample into the disposable container, I heard that music again....
fruit.gif

darrell
sin city

Darrell,

That was so beautiful...I mean like SO BEAUTIFUL....really!...so help me, John Sebastian.
cheers.gif
Oh, by the way, the Elves told me to tell you, "You're welcome." Oh, and one more thing, you have a mission to perform now, don't you?
dunno.gif
Come now, you KNOW what it is.

I MUST go forth and preach the word to all....whether they want to hear it or not...no matter what their current oil is...no matter how they were raised....irregardless of calamities they may befall me...

TRUTH, JUSTICE, and the GERMAN CASTROL way (insert Star Spangled Banner song here)!!!!!

darrell
sin city

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:
I MUST go forth and preach the word to all....whether they want to hear it or not...no matter what their current oil is...no matter how they were raised....irregardless of calamities they may befall me...

TRUTH, JUSTICE, and the GERMAN CASTROL way (insert Star Spangled Banner song here)!!!!!

darrell
sin city

You know, this is what makes IT ALL WORTH IT!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:

quote:

You guys worry me.....
gr_eek2.gif

You do, at times, get that hint of Twilight Zone music in the background.
grin.gif

Actually all i have ever heard was, "Do you believe in magic"...and it's real soft, faint, like background music.

I now know what someone means when they talk about a "Zen-like" state of mind.

darrell
sin city

The saga comtinues...i have around 500 miles on GC at this point. I have noted the following changes...

1. Power. A huge increase. Anything more than 1/2 throttle applications result in useless wheel spin. I attribute this to "The Power of the Elves" pushing the engine to new power heights...Pennzoil just dont have elves...

2. Gas Miliage. A huge increase. Miliage went from 24 city, 32 highway to well over 60 in both scenarios. Again, i attribute this to the assistance of the elves urging the engine to new heights of fuel economy.

3. Safety. I am much safer. See above post related to how the elves saved my life at a stop light...

Well, okay, maybe this is a bit (?) of wishful thinking, but i truly have noticed the engine appears a bit quieter. Other than that, no real changes...(that i can openly discuss, the elves have a disclosure contract they made me sign!).

darrell
sin city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back