Controversial art display causes "trauma"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.yahoo.com/blacks-iowa-college-want-change-kkk-piece-221853519.html

Quote:
Graduate student Kayla Wheeler said she's had nightmares and been unable to sleep since Friday. Jose Orduna, an adjunct instructor in creative writing, said seeing the statue left him feeling afraid and alone, and he's since slept with chairs against the door of his home. Orduna said he didn't appreciate what he called a "paternalistic tone" from the artist, Serhat Tanyolacar, that suggested critics didn't understand the meaning of the piece.

Really?

I am guessing both of these "trauma victims" are too young to have had an encounter with a robed KKK member, and are too old to be afraid of things that go bump in the night. Sad that people behave like this.

How is this for a paternalistic tone: The display is not in support of the Klan, idiot. And putting chairs against your door to keep the boogie man away is stupid.

Unfortunately, many kids are raised seeking attention, expecting to be the center of attention. It's about me!! This is just another example.

Last edited:
Somewhat off-topic...

Quote:
Orduna said he didn't appreciate what he called a "paternalistic tone" from the artist, Serhat Tanyolacar, that suggested critics didn't understand the meaning of the piece.

I don't know what's more worthless, art critics or 'shock artists' themselves.

0.jpg

George Carlin had a great routine about this and quoting the title would earn me a vacation. But it involved cats and America, the title that it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back