Continentals out of balance

So I decided to buy the Continentals True Contact Tour in a 205 60 16.

Had the tires balanced twice from the store I bought them. After that I went to a well known shop for rebalancing and road force balancing.

Two tires had a problem, cant be balanced properly.

Im going to bring them back and choose another brand, I dont want them anymore.

Any suggestion on another great tire?

Thanks!

Do you use separate tires for winter? If not, you may like a 3-peak all-season such as:
Kumho HA31
Hankook Kinergy 4S
Vredestein Quatrac 5
Toyo Celsius
Nexen NPriz 4S
Michelin CrossClimate
Goodyear Weatherready

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Do you use separate tires for winter? If not, you may like a 3-peak all-season such as:
Kumho HA31
Hankook Kinergy 4S
Vredestein Quatrac 5
Toyo Celsius
Nexen NPriz 4S
Michelin CrossClimate
Goodyear Weatherready

Yeah I have a set or winter tires with rims, I only run then in summer time

Normally I'd say Conti's or Michelin.
After several trips to the tire store in one month (imbalance above: 50, 60, 70) where we tried 4 different brands with no luck - I gave up and went to a Goodyear store. Ended up with Goodyear Assurance Max Life on the Jetta.
As far as a "well known tire store". that's where I went originally. I don't think they are capable of balancing tires. repeatedly they would tell me, just after balancing the tires earlier that day, that they found one or two tires out of balance. And even before the Jetta episode, they would make a mistake approx half the time. rebalances were common. they also damaged, and paid for, 3 new Foose wheels. They also damaged, and paid for, a new wheel on another new car. I truly think that they cater to customers who are not fussy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wolf_06
Yeah I have a set or winter tires with rims, I only run then in summer time

Would you consider summer tires?
smile.gif

Pirelli Cinturato P7 (alternate link)
Vredestein Sportrac 5 or Ultrac Satin
Momo Toprun M30 Europa

If you want to stick with all-season, consider the Dunlop Signature HP

Originally Posted by wolf_06
So I decided to buy the Continentals True Contact Tour in a 205 60 16.

Had the tires balanced twice from the store I bought them. After that I went to a well known shop for rebalancing and road force balancing.

Two tires had a problem, cant be balanced properly.

Im going to bring them back and choose another brand, I dont want them anymore.

Any suggestion on another great tire?

Thanks!

I had the same exact problem with a set of continental dws06. 5K and balanced like 7 times and still had a vibration. Ended up swapping them of for a Set of general G-Max as-05's vibration is gone and I'm very pleased.

I bought 4 Conti Terrain contact AT's back in Jan.They need to be re balanced as they are bad at 50-53 and 60-65.Most of my driving is around those speeds. Michelin's that came stock were smooth as can be for 32,000 miles.

Totally opposite here. I bought the terrain contact ATs last year... they were brand new.... maybe august? They probably have about 10k miles on them, and have been ideal for our f150. They need about 38psi in them but right there they are quiet, smooth, great in the rain, and tow without drama. Very direct steering feel. I think mine are 275/65-18.

M

Back