Continental TrueContact Tour - Any experience?

Update: Mani has 3K miles on the Conti's; she came by today. I checked the air pressure, oil, etc. Took it to a killer taqueria for lunch.
These tires have made her CR-V a different car. Amazing ride. Smooth, quiet and the handling is night and day vs the Hankook rubber.
I understand good tires can make a huge difference but this is on a different level.

I am inpressed.

I'm glad to see this thread since I just purchased a set of Continental TrueContact Tour SL's for my Crosstrek. I ordered them from Tire Rack and took advantage of the $70 rebate offer and they are in my garage. I'll have them mounted by fall and my total cost after mounting will be $740.

I'm usually a Michelin buyer and this is the first time in about 30 years that I went with another brand but the reviews were good and I couldn't justify an extra $50 per tire for my aging Subaru.

1655550358044.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this thread since I just purchased a set of Continental TrueContact Tour SL's for my Crosstrek. I ordered them from Tire Rack and took advantage of the $70 rebate offer and they are in my garage. I'll have them mounted by fall and my total cost after mounting will be $740.

I'm usually a Michelin buyer and this is the first time in about 30 years that I went with another brand but the reviews were good and I couldn't justify an extra $50 per tire for my aging Subaru.

View attachment 104292
Love the truck.

First set of those Conti’s went almost 50k, current set on an Outback are at about 25k.
No hits, no runs, no errors. Lot of high speed, hot weather interstate driving. Good in the rain, quiet, good road manners (T-rated), so not performance tested. I avoid snow like the plague, but the car/tire combo has been great when I’m unfortunate to enjoy the snowflakes.
I would buy another set for this vehicle when needed.

First set of those Conti’s went almost 50k, current set on an Outback are at about 25k.
No hits, no runs, no errors. Lot of high speed, hot weather interstate driving. Good in the rain, quiet, good road manners (T-rated), so not performance tested. I avoid snow like the plague, but the car/tire combo has been great when I’m unfortunate to enjoy the snowflakes.
I would buy another set for this vehicle when needed.
I'm hoping for 60K+ for these tires but it'll be a few years before we know how they hold up.

Back