Continental True Contact Tour : Any users present or past ?

I had a few sets on my MGMs over the years and really like them. Very good tires; decent trip, all weather performance was credible. Wear was even, but perhaps not quite as good as advertised. Overall a very good product IMO. Just got some PureContacts for my wife's Fusion last week; big fan of Conti's overall.

I replaced the OEM tires on my Mazda 3 (which were total crap) with Conti PureContact LS. They are quieter, have much better grip both dry and wet, roll perfectly smooth and rock solid at all freeway speeds, and should last much longer. I also had Conti tires on an old Lexus GS430, similar big improvement over OEM tires. I'm another big Conti fan.

If so , your experience . Get many good reviews at numerous sites . Thanks

I really like the detailed comparison and seemingly unbiased test the Tire Rack does.

If you buy them, I would consider using the Tire Racks mobile installation service called ASAP Tire if available in your area.
My wife got new Yokohama's for her Audi using them without an issue. Thread on it

I've never been disappointed with Continental tires on a VW I once owned or even their mid-line brand General GMax AS05's my wife previously had on her Audi.

I put a set on my 2015 Sonata 2 years ago, but traded it in after 7 months and 14k miles.

No complaints, I was very happy with them.

I have a set on one of my cars, but only have around 10,000 miles. So far, they have been quiet, balanced fine, and have good grip in the rain. We get very little snow here, so I have no opinion to give on that. Barring any premature wear, I would buy them again.

I have a set on my son's '10 Hyundai Sonata, and they're rotated on schedule and the alignment is episodically checked/tweaked. They ride very smoothly, and perform well in the three seasons that they're on the car (I have a set of dedicated snows for the winter), but I don't believe they're going to make it to the 80K miles that Discount Tire warranties them for. Prorating will work in my favor, as it also typically does for the Defenders that I usually put on my cars. I'm not sure I'll buy them again---I think I'll be going with Defenders on my '20 Camry Hybrid once its OE Firestones are done.

I put a set on a family members Toyota Sienna. While I don't drive the vehicle a lot, I immediately noticed an improvement over the prior Uniroyal Tiger Paws. Ride, steering feel, and noise were improved. Wear seems to be good but they haven't even been rotated due to such low miles.

Had a set on my Elantra. AS others have described, good traction, very quiet, smooth ride, and wear is good. Not that great on snow/ice, but manageable. The trade is way better rain performance. Probably not going to get the advertised mileage on them unless you drive 50MPH on straight, smooth road, but better than most other tires I've used. Would buy again.

Although I didn't end up buying the Continental True Contact TOUR for the two vehicles in my signature(Altima/P7 & Civic/RT43), they certainly were a strong consideration when I was shopping. And the main reason that I didn't get the CTCT was the OTD price w/rebate/discounts(since I was buying 8 tires) that I received with the tires that I chose for each vehicle. But the CTCT certainly did meet my criteria and checked all the boxes.

my 2013 vw passat s is on its third set of tires at 99k miles.
#1: oem conti pure contact to 42k. great experience.
#2: kelly edge. acquired at 42k at lower price because i planned to trade passat prior to expiry of its extended cpo warranty. less grippy in corners, noisier, 2-3 less mpg.
#3: conti true contact. acquired at 90k because decided to keep the passat long term. great price and service from discount tire. grip, noise and mpg back to great.

50k on the first set. Totally pleased. 20k on the current set. Subaru Outback.
Very good in the wet, snow, dry. Relatively quiet, no mpg loss or gain that I noticed, very good ride and decent handling, braking. It is not a sports car and I don’t push limits.

I put them on both my kids cars last fall. They’re wearing really good and the traction is awesome in dry, wet, and the snowmagedon we had this winter here in TX. The Nissan had the OEM Continentals on it and they were loud! The Tours are much quieter. They were a good upgrade on the Kia as well over the OEM Hankooks. My girls are happy with them, and I’m very confident in them so far.

Back