Continental tires made from Dandelions ...

https://www.continental-tires.com/car/about-us/media-services/taraxagum . Plenty of those in the yard .
mad.gif
Found it at this site , https://www.tirereview.com/ .

Last edited:
There are 3 pests on the prairies: dandelions, grasshoppers and wild oats.

I'm glad someone has finally found a use for dandelions. Some people eat grasshoppers - likely a good source of protein. Now, what can we do with wild oats?

ecotourist said:

I'm glad someone has finally found a use for dandelions. Some people eat grasshoppers - likely a good source of protein. Now, what can we do with wild oats?[/quote]
I showed some wild oats a few decades ago!
smile.gif

Seriously though, some people apparently make tea with them.

Originally Posted by ecotourist

I'm glad someone has finally found a use for dandelions. Some people eat grasshoppers - likely a good source of protein. Now, what can we do with wild oats?

I sowed some wild oats a few decades ago!
smile.gif

Seriously though, some people apparently make tea with them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I wouldn't be surprised, that brand of tire is horrible. my dad got 22,000 miles on them a while back.

Your Dad owned one set. So the entire brand is horrible?

I've had at least four sets. They've all been great.

That's fascinating. It's hard to fathom how many fields of dandelions that would have to be grown to be able to produce enough tires to make it more than a novelty.

I hope it works out. I'm a big fan of Continental tires. One of my top choices in tire brands.

Last edited:
" I'm a big fan of Continental tires. One of my top choices in tire brands. "
We're fans of General Altimax RT43 (H) and the Altimax Arctic ( original ) . Can't go wrong for the price , especially with the rebate .
01.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by odie
" I'm a big fan of Continental tires. One of my top choices in tire brands. "
We're fans of General Altimax RT43 (H) and the Altimax Arctic ( original ) . Can't go wrong for the price , especially with the rebate .
01.gif

I've no experience with the Arctic. But I put a set of RT43 on the Alero I used to have for a commuter car, and was quite impressed with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great value in a basic tire, where performance characteristics are not high priorities.

" Hate to have a yard downwind of the farms though. Might as well just give up having any form of grass. "

^
lol.gif
^ . Stuck in middle . Dandelion farm to the left of me , manure field to right .
eek.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I wouldn't be surprised, that brand of tire is horrible. my dad got 22,000 miles on them a while back.

I've had a great experience with: Conti Pure Contact, General Altimax Arctic, and now Conti Pure Contact LS. The LS's are new, the first set of PC's I had to decide when to replace them based on tread depth, the Arctic's are past their prime after 6 Winters, can't complain about any of them. All of them wore evenly, but then I keep my cars aligned.

A friend of mine had a set of Continental's (sorry don't know the model) he didn't like, low profile performance tires, he described as "square". He looked hurt when I told him the RT43 replacements were made by the same company. That was almost 3 years ago and they're still going strong, and he really likes them.

I guess not everyone has your Dad's bad experience with Continentals.

Back