Continental introduces another tire we won't get in the US/Canada

230521_pr_allseasoncontact2__1_.jpg

Why won't they sell it here? Is there a tire it already competes with?
They got General brand to market an all-weather tire.

Perhaps the NHSTA dummies didn't approve it.

View attachment 158302

Safety+Health magazine
All manufacturers have much better tires in Europe than here.
Good Year has excellent winter tires in Europe, and were for a long time undisputed leader in both quality and performance.
Here? An afterthought.
the US tire market usually reminds me: we can get away with it, so why not.

Conti is making a mistake by not selling it here, just as these kinds of tires are getting popular.

General has the 365AW, but the premium brand Conti should still have its own 3-peak in their US lineup, especially since all-season tires are most popular in the US.

That tire looks like it could be noisy. JMHO. That's been the case with a new tire by Bridgestone called the "Weather Peak".

continental is not much of a premium tire company. it is considered to be but my personal opinion only few of their lines ,mostly sport ones, are good and then not so good like michelin or goodyear or some pirelli. they don't last long.

continental is not much of a premium tire company. it is considered to be but my personal opinion only few of their lines ,mostly sport ones, are good and then not so good like michelin or goodyear or some pirelli. they don't last long.
They are absolute leader in winter tire segment in Europe, largest winter tire market for last 20 years.
Quality wise they are IMO part of that three brands: Michelin, Bridgestone and Continental. GY is nowhere close when it comes to quality. There is too much mumbo jumbo with various offerings.
Whether tire lasts long or not is not indicative of quality. There are a lot if tires that last long with absolutely abysmal performance, precisely bcs. they last long.

I looked at Europe's all-season offerings and they all have the same tread pattern as our all-weather options. Since they normally get better tires and we get hand-me-downs, I may order some European tire models next time that we don't get to try.

I looked at Europe's all-season offerings and they all have the same tread pattern as our all-weather options. Since they normally get better tires and we get hand-me-downs, I may order some European tire models next time that we don't get to try.

If it helps, Vredestein uses the same Quatrac tires on both markets. They were the first to make these 3-peak all-season/all-weather tires.

Vredestein used to sell their complete Euro lineup over here, but they stopped doing so a few years ago when they released their US-specific tire lineup. However, we still get the Quatracs.

The Hankook 4S2 and Kumho Solus HA32 are the same globally.

They are absolute leader in winter tire segment in Europe, largest winter tire market for last 20 years.
Quality wise they are IMO part of that three brands: Michelin, Bridgestone and Continental. GY is nowhere close when it comes to quality. There is too much mumbo jumbo with various offerings.
Whether tire lasts long or not is not indicative of quality. There are a lot if tires that last long with absolutely abysmal performance, precisely bcs. they last long.
contis sells in europe,thanks to advertise. but goodyear has rise its reputation from driver's use more and more.used to be the other way around some decades ago.experts on tyre tests ,reviews from drivers on tyre sites agree with me .bridgestone in europe is not even close to comparison with GY. they are good tyres for average driver but they are very hard on road and very hard to warmup . in europe they dry easily and become very hard. but people still buy them. i don't know why.

leader in europe for winter tyres is not contis ,its UNIROYAL. conti used to be very good buy for tires in their basic line. now its basic line is not very popular. if we talk about sportlines, sportcontact etc they are good tyres but GY has make more progress and is slightly better in quality and perfomance.
GY have better quality overall, they last long and perform better. quality is both.

to be fair, that depends on which tyre line-size we are talking about. but sport contis although have good performance they are not that good as the F1 made by GY. and GY's get more miles too. its important for an average user to get more miles.otherwise we are all going to buy dunlops.
quality and performance is debatable . its subjective . but facts and i mean reviews from users-drivers and experts are not.

i've tried all brands . sometimes GY has better tyres ,sometimes conti, but michelin has always the best tyres. i read an interview from a GY r&d executive, admitting that Michelin has a unique way of balancing more miles per tyre with the best performance. he admitted that michelin has an magical way to make the best tyre rubber and they are trying to be close to their quality.

contis sells in europe,thanks to advertise. but goodyear has rise its reputation from driver's use more and more.used to be the other way around some decades ago.experts on tyre tests ,reviews from drivers on tyre sites agree with me .bridgestone in europe is not even close to comparison with GY. they are good tyres for average driver but they are very hard on road and very hard to warmup . in europe they dry easily and become very hard. but people still buy them. i don't know why.

leader in europe for winter tyres is not contis ,its UNIROYAL. conti used to be very good buy for tires in their basic line. now its basic line is not very popular. if we talk about sportlines, sportcontact etc they are good tyres but GY has make more progress and is slightly better in quality and perfomance.
GY have better quality overall, they last long and perform better. quality is both.

to be fair, that depends on which tyre line-size we are talking about. but sport contis although have good performance they are not that good as the F1 made by GY. and GY's get more miles too. its important for an average user to get more miles.otherwise we are all going to buy dunlops.
quality and performance is debatable . its subjective . but facts and i mean reviews from users-drivers and experts are not.

i've tried all brands . sometimes GY has better tyres ,sometimes conti, but michelin has always the best tyres. i read an interview from a GY r&d executive, admitting that Michelin has a unique way of balancing more miles per tyre with the best performance. he admitted that michelin has an magical way to make the best tyre rubber and they are trying to be close to their quality.
Uniroyal is the third step down in the Michelin lineup. It is a budget tire below BF Goodrich and above Tigar etc.
Continental was not only best in winter comparison tests, but when you buy Continental, you buy tire that will last and won't go out of round like let's say, Good Year. I had more than 25 winter sets in Europe on personal vehicles and bought numerous for business I have with my brother, and Continental was always my top choice for a winter tire. Good Year lost it somewhere after they replaced GY Ultra Grip 6+. That was like 17-18 years ago.
The Good Year is hit or miss. Nowhere close in quality to Continental.

The brands (secondary I would call them) are all mixed up between continents.
Dunlop name belongs to Sumitomo in Asia, Goodyear in NA and maybe GY in Europe too. Apparently, Uniroyal is split too.

That makes trans-continental (pun somewhat intended) tire comparison harder.

Krzyś

I've had tires in the past with a similar tread pattern and found them to be very quiet. If it were made as a self sealing tire, or even a run flat, it would be ideal for my Mercedes 4Matic.
Maybe their not making it in a run flat, which many US car makers are now specing to save weight/meet CAFE.

Back