conti for kelly on passat

i’ve been thinking about replacing the kelly edge a/s since the summer when they measured at 4/32. a non repairable flat on 11/11 made the decision for me. after aaa guy swapped put flat for donut, measured the kellys at 3/32 and showed me the unfixable hole, i called discount tire to see if a month old quote for continental control contact tour a/s + at $100 each was still good. this was 430pm and dt closed at 6pm. after a slow 30 minute donut drive to dt, i was greeted with smiles. all was done in 30 minutes. minus $70 in tire and $40 in dt credit card rebates, and a $25 military discount, plus all the various fees and taxes, total was $450.30.

after just a few days of suburban and brief highway jaunts i can report 1-2mpg more with quieter contis over the kellys, plus a much better planted feel on fast, sweeping highway entry/exit ramps. my cpo passat came to me with contis, which i swapped for kellys at 42k miles for $320 all in at a military px. these new contis went on at 92k miles. i chose the cheaper kellys as i thought of trading away the passat, but obviously i kept it (like it alot, especially in its base s trim). im much happier with a return to contis and discount tire. the kelly px experience was slow and painful.

I've been pleased with every Continental tire I've ever owned. They're definitely toward the top of the list for brands I trust.

Back