Consol 10W-40 API SJ/CF, 9000 km, Dacia Solenza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
consolluxturbo10w40uoaresizenonamero5.jpg

The oil was in service for one year. The factory oil was changed at 5000. This report must be the first one for a Russian assembled car (the engine is French though), Russian oil and gasoline. The car is operated in Russia.

TBN still at 7.5 after 9K miles and 1 year? Wow!

Does this lab use a different formula for TBN than Blackstone, for example?

If the car is assembled in Russia, this is Renault Logan. Dacia Solenza is assembled in Rumania and Ukraine. At the first glance they are twins, but as I understand, the used platforms are different. However, 1.4 l engine is the same, just slightly different torque. Actual engine choice at Logan is wider and depends on market. If I am not mistaken Russian Logan may be equipped with 1.6 l engine too. On other markets there are also more powerful version of gas engine and a diesel.

Quote:

Where did you find it?
smile.gif

This is my car.
Apparently it uses tin based bearings. The VOA of this oil showed 4 ppm of lead. Al - 1 ppm, Si - 2 ppm, Na - 5 ppm, K - 1 ppm. All other numbers are 0.

Iron is high but I doubt that most of it is caused by wear. Counterfeit gasoline is common in Russia. I had to replace the spark plugs at 11000 km. They were covered by red conductive iron deposits.

However the oil very likely wasn't counterfeit. It held up well. The TBN starts at 9.0-9.1 for this oil according to the manufacturer.

Where did you find it?
smile.gif

129 of Iron is considered normal for Caterpillar Laboratories??
I don't remember any other report where tin is higher than lead.
Maybe the gurus here could comment on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back