Consensus Top 3 oil filters for long 10K-15K drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now a believer in using full synthetic oil for long drain past 10,000 miles, so I want the best of the best oil filter out there for that purpose. Please share your experience and input of top three oil filters for long (10K-15K miles)OCI.

Mobil 1 filter
Wix XP (Napa Platinum)
Purolator Synthetic because it has the textured grip
Bosch Distance Plus (pretty much a Purolator Synthetic without the texture grip)

The PureOne used to be capable of extended drain, but they cheapened it in order to make room for the more expensive synthetic filter, hence the tears. Bosch's black oil filter is the same as the P1.

I have also heard good things about Fram Ultra, but I have not tried these myself.

What kind of car are you going to do 10-15k on?

My Camry calls for manufacture recommended 10K-miles OCI to be used with full synthetic oil. It is out of warranty so I like to stretch it further with one oil/filter change to be done all at one time.

Last edited:
Royal Purple
Fram Ultra
Mobil1
Napa Plat (Wix XP)

Bosch D+

Last edited:
1)Amsoil Eao
2)Royal Purple
3)Fram Ultra

It also depends what you drive as I drive an Audi and none of the above companies make a filter for that car. YMMV.

Last edited:
1. Fram Ultra (best anytime option)

2. Mobil 1 (only get with OC special)

3. Puro SYN ($7 @ Kmart occasionally)

4. Wix XP (At Napa sale)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: camryrolla
My Camry calls for manufacture recommended 10K-miles OCI to be used with full synthetic oil. It is out of warranty so I like to stretch it further with one oil/filter change to be done all at one time.

Regular old Wix/Napa Golds(57047) have always looked pristine after going 9K+. Don't see why it wouldn't make it out to 15K if the oil was up to it.

Plagiarizing ZeeOSix on this list:
Note: silicon ADBV is a must, these all have it:

Fram Ultra (99%+ @ 20u)
Amsoil Ea (98.7% @ 20u)
Purolator synthetic (99% @ 25u)
Royal Purple (99% @ 25u)

Also note they are all synthetic media with very good filtering performance, and all have great ability to hold more gunk, very important for long drain intervals. Insist on synthetic media here.

Royal Purple, Purolator Synthetic, Fram Ultra, Amsoil EAO- whichever one is easiest to obtain for you.

I'm not sure why people are throwing the M1 in the mix... its a great filter, but its not a wire-backed synthetic media filter and doesn't belong in the same category as the ones above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back