Conoco Philips 5W30 synthetic blend in Honda Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, changed the oil in my Honda EM6500 last weekend. the motor oil is 5W30 or 10W30 (preferred) I still have quite a few quarts of Conoco Philips synthetic blend 5W30 oil left over from my 05 RX. So I put this oil in it this time. what do you guy`s think?

Great Oil! Supposed to be the same/similar to MotorCraft Syn/Blend oil and Kendall GT-1. Even if the CP oil is different, it's good stuff just the same!

Honda say its ok to run non HD oil in that thing?
I know my Generac with a chonda 1-lunger starts clatteringbvery loud after an hour running PCMO, though its doing fine with VR1 syn racing 10w30 and a small shot of Lubri-Moly. I cant find Rotella Triple protection dino 10w30 anymore (T3?) - my first choice for ODPE. I have some RT5 ss but not as well liked as the old dino.

Keep check on the oil level and you are good to go.In my Honda lawn mowers Pus type i run what ever and in my generatr and pressure washer both have the 13 hp engine I run 15w -40 HDEO as they are stored indoors.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Hi, changed the oil in my Honda EM6500 last weekend. the motor oil is 5W30 or 10W30 (preferred) I still have quite a few quarts of Conoco Philips synthetic blend 5W30 oil left over from my 05 RX. So I put this oil in it this time. what do you guy`s think?

You'll be fine in the winter, "might" use a bit more in the summer. Just check the level with every fuel fill to be safe in either case. You still have to change it at the recommended intervals. This oil can only help keep you engine stay cleaner compared to a conventional oil, and you already have it
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back