Conn Cornet Valve Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gang,

I still have my Conn Cornet, that I learned to play when I was a kid in Elementary School, and paid $5. a month, out of my allowence, to pay for, myself. The 3 valves were stuck from years in storage, so to free them, I sprayed some WD40, which was the only thing I had handy, other than Olive Oil. I think the Olive Oil was too heavy a viscosity, but better for my health and taste better by far.
whistle.gif

I know the Music Stores carry Valve Oil for Brass-horns, but there may be something new that I'm unaware of, in this high tech age.
dunno.gif
Is there a Mobil 1 or GC Castrol (green), equivalent? Perhaps a Biodiesel or Vegtable Oil choice?
stirthepot.gif

I never have been able to figure out what valve oil is. it is extremely light but makes a world of difference. I would stick to only valve oil. one reason would be vapor/smell/toxicity.

Blue Juice, Roche Thomas, Al Cass, there are also synthetic valve oils oiut there that work pretty dang good too.

Clean valves with mineral spirits first and then dry and oil.

Currently using Hetman Synthetic Lubricant 3 for Piston horns.

Can you still play the dang thing. My fiance got me a new trumpet after not playing for 16 years to find I could still hit High C. Now if I could get my endurance and finger speed back. Ah well. Still fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back