Conklin Motor OIl

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a discussion on this oil almost a year ago. It is probably a good semi-synthetic oil with a price tag that exceeds most synthetics. With this in mind, it was not a hard decision to bypass this product.
Schaeffer's 15W40 semi-synthetic has specs that excel, and the cost is less than $3 per quart when purchasing a $250 order with free shipping.

dunno.gif

I'm not gonna be as nice as Vette...

$8.00/quart...are you kiddin' me?

Looking at the few specs on the data sheet, I see nothing special about this oil.

Delo, Delvac, and Long-Life all are just as good and can be had for $1.50-$1.75/quart.

Is this stuff really FIVE times better than the three oils I mentioned??

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Reason I asked about it is there's a guy over at Noria.com pushing this stuff pretty hard. Anyone wants to set him straight he's pushing it on two threads so far (Oil Comparisons, and Oil Switch) at http://forums.noria.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=692608715&f=616604995

I'm not gonna waste my time on this one (unless you really want me to)...you know it and I know it...this guy is either a joke or Conklin salesman. He gives absolutely NO FACTS to back up anything he is saying...just pointless blabberin'.

Got some Conklin info several years ago. This appears to be an Amway-type MLM organization, with the twist that married couples are especially encouraged, even more so than Amway. I know that the person I got the literature from desperately wanted me to sign up to become a salesman. Interesting stuff in the flyers, but pricy and highly specialized.

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:
I'm not gonna waste my time on this one (unless you really want me to)...you know it and I know it...this guy is either a joke or Conklin salesman. He gives absolutely NO FACTS to back up anything he is saying...just pointless blabberin'.

Thanks, no need. Someone is taking him to task about it right now. Nice to see there are some knowledgable folks on that site to keep things in order. Who knows, maybe it is someone from over here.

Convoy® motor oil is formulated for extended oil life beyond 15,000 miles. Its special blend of synthetic oil (PAO), additives and molybdenum (moly) help maintain the vital parts of the oil even under severe conditions.

Found this on the Convoy site, they are sure proud of it. Too expensive for this cheap skate. Must be a lot of profit sharing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back