Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 or Exxon-Mobil?

Anyway, it looks like we definately need to stop all this M1 bashing at once!! I mean, look at how adversely it's affecting their sales profit margin!! Poor, poor Exxon-Mobil
frown.gif
, they just don't deserve it!

Seriously though, Wal Mart isn't known for it's honest, hardworking ethic, and I think E-M is the perfect replacement in such a rating. It's almost poetic.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
The ironic part is that people are buying their Mobil 1 at Walmart.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Mobil 1 or Exxon-Mobil?

Anyway, it looks like we definately need to stop all this M1 bashing at once!! I mean, look at how adversely it's affecting their sales profit margin!! Poor, poor Exxon-Mobil
frown.gif
, they just don't deserve it!

Seriously though, Wal Mart isn't known for it's honest, hardworking ethic, and I think E-M is the perfect replacement in such a rating. It's almost poetic.

+1

Originally Posted By: tig1
XM and Wal Mart are the few good AMERICAN sucess stories these days.

So true. Ethics, that's another story.

AD

True.

Sales of motor oil do not have much of an impact on the profit of major oil companies like ExxonMobil (M1), BP (Castrol), or Royal Dutch Shell (Pennzoil/QS). It matters more to Ashland (Valvoline), but they are more getting more diversified as time goes on.

Oh yes, which is exactly why most merchandise Wal-Mart sells is Mada In America, and not China, right? c'mon. Let's not forget the near-slave labour wages and the devouring of all the smaller competition that actually try to sell American products made by American workers that can't compete with the cheap bulk-ordered sweatshop Chinese goods eventually leaving nothing but W-M left. Yeah, America really needs that.

WM probably wouldn't have gotten so big if Kmart had been run more effectively by it's executives. I'd consider Target another successful retailer.

Maybe, one day, I'll start using Mobil1 oil again... but not until their pricing is competitive again, and theyre a bit more open & honest about their specs.

Oh yes, which is exactly why most merchandise Wal-Mart sells is Mada In America, and not China, right? c'mon. Let's not forget the near-slave labour wages and the devouring of all the smaller competition that actually try to sell American products made by American workers that can't compete with the cheap bulk-ordered sweatshop Chinese goods eventually leaving nothing but W-M left. Yeah, America really needs that.

As long as we're on the topic of ethics. How about Prince William Sound?

AD

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
WM probably wouldn't have gotten so big if Kmart had been run more effectively by it's executives. I'd consider Target another successful retailer.

Not really..Kmart never had the buying power WM had....

Originally Posted By: ADFD1

As long as we're on the topic of ethics. How about Prince William Sound?

AD

*shakes head* Good call, can't forget that debauchery.

I thought politics was off-limits for this forum?

Max, Would it please you if XM and WM went out of business. My wife worked at WM for a while and spoke highly of the co. They hired several disabled people at her store that wouldn't have a prayer of a job elsewhere. Once the new WM went in here several business sprang up around it that had no conection with the area before WM arrived.
You are correct that there are buseness that fold after WM arrived, but that happens sorry to say. Same thing happened when Auto Zone came to town. They put two or three small parts stores out of business.
Lots of different ways to look at it.

Last edited:
Max, Would it please you if XM and WM went out of business. My wife worked at WM for a while and spoke highly of the co. They hired several disabled people at her store that wouldn't have a prayer of a job elsewhere. Once the new WM went in here several business sprang up around it that had no conection with the area before WM arrived.
You are correct that there buseness that fold after WM arrived, but that happens sorry to say. Same thing happened when Auto Zone came to town. They put two or three small parts stores out of business.
Lots of different ways to look at it.

Considering that Max is Canadian, I don't think the "American success story" argument is going to sway him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back