CONGRATULATIONS CASTROL USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard! Every single car in my family runs Castrol oil! (specifically, the German made Syntec 0w30)

Even though I am a Valvoline nut, it is a pleasant suprise to see Castrol as a site sponsor. Now, not all site sponsors are active. NORIA for example has been a sponsor for a year or so, yet I don't think anyone from there has ever posted here (correct me if I am wrong, and tell me who).

BTW: I do have 19 quarts Castrol Startup 10w40 I bought for $1.40 a quart, and I like that it's thick (about 15.9 cSt thick IIRC).

welcome.gif
The Elves are pleased to have the top customer for the oil formulated at their lab in der Schwarzwald join this site. They are expecting much input to the conversation that occurs in The GC Village.

welcome.gif
TO CASTROL. Cheers to Castrol
cheers.gif
and BITOG on their new friendship. Im looking forward to hear what Castrol has to say about our website and our oil savvy membership.

How many people actually clicked on the banner?

Welcome to BITOG Castrol!

I would like to see USA specs with HTHS and 100/40 C viscosities on the Castrol USA web site.

I don't have a large stash of GC, but my car has always had Castrol GC or BMW/Castrol oil except for one change with Mobil 1.

Ugly3, even though you are correct that BITOGERs are not average customers, many BITOGERs are very effective at influencing the people around them in deciding what motor oil to use. In my case, I directly make the decision on what motor oil is used in 5 different vehicles. So from a marketing perspective, I appreciate CASTROL USA recognizing our influence and helping support this wonderful bulletin board.

I'm also very pleased to see one of the big boys become a site sponsor!

Welcome Castrol..

I use only German Castrol for my BMW.... and castrol will be pleased to know I have close to 40L of it. GTX has worked well in my pick up truck..

Also Castrol Super Clean is a very effective product.

I think Castrol can also benefit from this website in a few ways:

- it's a nearly unlimited source of intelligence about what oil consumers want and need for their vehicles.

- this site is acknowledged on a great number of vehicle specific sites as the final word on forums discussing everything to do with engine oil. Associating itself with this site can't be anything but good for Castrol.

- I, and people like me will buy more castrol products as a show of appreciation for supporting this website, which is a minor hobby of mine.

Thumbs up to Castrol to seeing the value in sponsoring this site....and to the BITOG people that have been responsible for securing this sponsorship.

Quite a number of years ago I used Castrol exclusively. More recently I've tried others, along with Syntec 10W-40, which seemed to work really well for me.

I've recently acquired some Castrol Euro Formula (GC on this board) to use in two '06 Honda Civics. I'm really pleased to see Castrol as a site supporter. I'd like for them to contribute to our learning here. Someone from there could be valuable in teaching us lubrication matters.

Thanks, Castrol

quote:

Does this mean that we've sold out to 'the Man'?

Advertising by Castrol on this board means that we have a target market that they are interested in reaching. Between our members and visitors, we have a unique board, in that we are dedicated to OIL. Our members are knowledgeable in the oil market and its uses and visitors come here to view that knowledge and try to learn because they have the same interests.
And in return for advertising on BITOG, Castrol would hope that on your next trip to the Auto Store that you would pick up some Castrol oil and transfer it to your shopping cart or basket. And also look at the other Castrol branded products.

smile.gif

Welcome Castrol USA to BITOG and congrats to Tony for moving this board into the big leagues.

As Johnny stated I too am impressed that they are the first to publicly support what should be every sincere WORLD Automotive lube maker or testers website connection to the engaged and informed consumer.

Dont be sensitive however when we question the corporate line.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back