Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a lot of the posts and read some other sites and still dont know whats the best oil filter for my 02 Altima. Better filtering but less flow and the other way around. Valve is good or junk. I think M1 and Pur Prem Plus but heck,what do i know,nothing is the answer. LOL

Well, my opinion is that the more you know about anything, the more you don't know
smile.gif

It's totally confusing, but rest assured that if you change your oil/filter on a regular basis, it's going to be fine.
I'm going to go with M1 oil and OEM filter on my new SCION (Toyota) tC.
I've been using M1/OEM on other cars and bikes for about 15 years now, and I'm really happy with that.

Good luck,
Scott

-

just kidding.

seriously the more i've learned about lubricity in these forums, the more i find i don't really know. just change your oil per the recommended OCI and you really can't go wrong with any oil.

I've been doing M1 and Bosch filters at around 5K. 95% of my driving is stop and go city and very short drives where the car just gets up to heat and i'm there. Hows this,02 has 21,256 miles on it.

Your fine filter wise. But I would worry more about your oil breaking down with all the stop an go driving.

Do you change it yourself or go somewhere else?

Any filter recommended by the manufacturer for your engine will meet the specs for flow, etc.

I'd use either OEM or Purolator Pure One, WIX or NAPA-Gold, Baldwin or Hastings, or Purolator Premium. Mobil 1 filters are find, but I think they're overpriced.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back