Confrim my insanity.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brrrr it was 58F this morning when I woke up. Was worried about cold cranking my truck, but thankfully it fired right up
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Brrrr it was 58F this morning when I woke up. Was worried about cold cranking my truck, but thankfully it fired right up
smile.gif

We won't see a high of 58F for two more months. Im glad your safe take care it has to be brutal down their.

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
Unless youre doing shorter oci than i dont see the point on switching to motorcraft

I do not see the point of using PP for a 5K OCI. I would use whatever conventional the OP can find for sale and continue his OCI'S at the current rate.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I suggest MC and a block heater for those Florida cold morning starts.

Block heater?

Is that your way of suggesting the OP should take a shot of Grey Goose every morning?
wink.gif

The engine certainly doesn't need to be hooked up to a block heater for any day of a Floridan winter.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: dave123
I suggest MC and a block heater for those Florida cold morning starts.

Block heater?

Is that your way of suggesting the OP should take a shot of Grey Goose every morning?
wink.gif

The engine certainly doesn't need to be hooked up to a block heater for any day of a Floridan winter.

BC.

I would never suggest Grey Goose it's way over rated you really think im serious on the block heater?

Throw a battery blanket on that sucker too!!

My girlfriend is from florida and she barely leaves the house when it's below freezing here.

Originally Posted By: dakota99
Throw a battery blanket on that sucker too!!

My girlfriend is from florida and she barely leaves the house when it's below freezing here.

confused.gif
its Almost February, and thus far I have put on a light hoodie exactly twice this winter. Right now its a frigid 59 degrees.

-Rouphis

Last edited:
I was kidding about the battery blanket lol. I would stick with conventional, the weather is good there.

I can't stand cold, makes everything miserable.

I little tidbit of useless info. Tampa International Airport is one of the busy airports in the world. It has zero deicing equipment. The runways freeze once every few years, and when that happens, the whole airport shuts down until the sun warms it up.

1/8 inch of snow has shut the entire area down. Thankfully that hasn't happened since the late 1970's

-Rouphus

Rouphis, I would do 2 oil changes per year (every 6 months) Platinum is a great oil and worth it IMO. The MotorCraft will work fine though. It is up to you and your pocket. Jump on I-275 every once and a while and warm it up fully.

If it matter to ya, I switched from M1 5-20 to MC 5-20 and a MC filter because my OCI is 4-5k miles and I relaized I'm [censored] away dollars for no good reason.

Running a F-150 5.4 3V.

Make the switch, save a few dollars, and
eek.gif

I am in a similar situation. I drive 2.5 miles four times a day. It does get cold here, but we've had a very mild winter thus far. Temp got up to the upper 50's today. I have a 2006 Colorado with inline 4 and manual tranny. I'm looking at doing 6 month OCI's with Quaker State Ultra Duty. A full syntetic for under $21 is a heck of a bargain. I probably have a bigger issue with fuel dilute than you do. I take it on a 20 mile round trip highway drive every two weeks to burn the moisture out of the oil.

Originally Posted By: Rouphis
I have a 1996 F-150 with a 5.0/302. It has about 10000 miles on it. I drive 3 miles to work, and 3 miles to school, totaling 4 3 mile trips everyday.

Current fill is PP SN 5w20. Its right at 5000 miles.

Wait, is this your second OCI?

If so, yes, you are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back