Condition of analyzed oil (virgin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing a VOA and UOA at the next OCI. I have about 1 qt of leftover oil from a 5 qt jug that I was going to use for the VOA. Would it be better to buy a fresh 1 qt to pour the VOA oil from, or am I good using the oil that's been in an opened (lid kept closed) 5 qt jug for a few months?

Thanks.

I'm guessing the oxidation and moisture content might be slightly affected, although in RC you are pretty dry aren't you? That being said, I would think you would be OK doing a VOA from your on-hand. Even if it is affected more than I think, that would still give us a new data point.

I say to use the existing oil you've got on hand, since then it's from the exact same batch as the oil you used.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I say to use the existing oil you've got on hand...

But Pat, if he uses the oil that is on his hand, the skin oils and other contaminants will probably affect the results...
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

But Pat, if he uses the oil that is on his hand, the skin oils and other contaminants will probably affect the results...
grin.gif

It's all a moot point, as I can't squeeze out enough oil from my hands to fill Blackstone's container. If only I had Bilateral Palmer Hyper-hydrosis...

quote:

Originally posted by timzak:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

grin.gif

It's all a moot point, as I can't squeeze out enough oil from my hands to fill Blackstone's container. If only I had Bilateral Palmer Hyper-hydrosis...

I've never known anyone with BPH-h either.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back