Concrete pad for oil changes.

I just use an old cardboard box I took from behind a grocery store as a pad under my truck when doing any fluid changes, anything that gets by is absorbed into my cardboard pad instead of on my driveway, when im done I just fold it up and stick it in my shed.:geek:

I just use an old cardboard box I took from behind a grocery store as a pad under my truck when doing any fluid changes, anything that gets by is absorbed into my cardboard pad instead of on my driveway, when im done I just fold it up and stick it in my shed.:geek:
Looks so easy to do the pad though.

I use a pad where our cabin once was.better than laying in the rocks. My neighbor built a drive on ramp off the edge of his property. I need to go take a pic.

His property has a good slope on the south side and with some tractor work he can drive his car onto the ramps and stand under them..

Really neet.

That guy in the video deserves a Golden Globe or Oscar! Too bad that he fessed up at the end that it was a spoof. I can’t believe I watched the whole thing but I got some good laughs.

Don't follow that clown's spoof video. I worked for a concrete construction company when I was a kid. If you decide to do this, I suggest using crushed stone as a base and 3.5 inches of self-mixed concrete. Rent an electric powered cement mixer for a half day instead of mixing up several small batches in a wheelbarrow. You are correct. It's easy, but is it really worth it?

Draining it on the ground just returns the oil back to where is came from.

garage-oil-mat.jpg

Large old cardbox... get many uses before tossing

LowesDepot have vinyl flooring sheet... 8 ft wide cut to whatever length you want

And my favorite, unless its windy out, was definitely cheaper at local autopart store.... 2'x4' or 2x3 drip pan

Concrete poured over the lawn, not even April fools since this is how most local contractors would do it(except they'd mix the concrete in their wheelbarrow).... would make the wife mad mad mad.... you wouldn't like here when she's angry

Attachments

• madwoman.jpg
    madwoman.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2
Back