Comparing Technical Product Data Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been comparing HDEO of Valvoline all fleet, Chevron Delo and Rotella T (single weights) and have had sucess of finding good techincal product data sheets for Valvoline and Chevron, however it seems like Shell is no longer making this info public. I have had no sucess in contacting them directly. Anybody know where I can get the data from ?

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
If you are refering to these single grades rated SH, SJ

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?site...ellasingle.html

Then this dated PDS matches.

http://www.shellusserver.com/products/pdf/RotellaTSG.pdf

Thanks....I did find that on the web but their PDS does not contain info such as Zn and P concentrations like Valvoline or Chevron does in their PDS. I have seen older PDS that contained that info (Shell); however when I contacted them awhile back they said that was proprietary information.

Originally Posted By: y2k600f4
...however when I contacted them awhile back they said that was proprietary information.

I hate when they do that. Do they think you are going to copy their oil? What exactly are they trying to hide.
(I usually email them back and tell them I can find out for about $20.)

I usually tell them when the propriatary word is used .I guess it is not important that I have a reason to use your product. Then I don't!

Allot of PDS don't have phosphorous and/or zinc listed. Schaeffers has a more complete PDS then most but they do not list phos/zinc only total ash.

For what it's worth finally got the info I was looking for from shell.

No. Property with UOM Test Method State Min Targ. Max Typ. Spec. Val. Txt. Typ. Val. Txt. Note
1 Kinematic Viscosity (mm²/s) ASTM D445 100°C 10.8 11.4 12.1
2 Pour Point (°C) ASTM D97 -18
3 Calcium Content (%m) ASTM D4927 or D4951 0.221 0.240 0.258 *
4 Zinc Content (%m) ASTM D4927 or D4951 0.108 0.118 0.128 **

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I usually tell them when the propriatary word is used .I guess it is not important that I have a reason to use your product. Then I don't!

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back