comp monitor flickers every minute or 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing that recently, my monitor's display flickers every minute or so.Is there a setting that might I can adjust for this? It's an Asus 19".

Could be the drivers or the graphics card.
Update your drivers to the latest stable version and see if it goes away.

Last edited:
I doubt a driver would cause an intermittent problem like this.A driver issue would not start to cause an issue after everything worked good previously.Is this a CRT or a panel?

Last edited:
Probably time to look around for a new monitor.
If you have a known good monitor sitting around, try it and see if the problem goes away.
If not, then you have an issue related to either software, something on the motherboard or the motherboard itself, which I realize isn't very helpful.

My AOC monitor did the same thing for almost a month, even after making sure my Windows Shockwave Flashplayer was always updated.

Then one day I did a full scan with C-Cleaner. I suspect it removed a bug in my Registry that caused it.
Ever since I did that 'full' C-Cleaner cleanup, no more monitor flickering.

Change the resolution and frequency. If a flat panel, try 59 or 60hz on a different display setting. Often times this works as the long term solution.

I had a similar problem like a week ago.
My monitor was not flickering but for some reason it was freezing and turned completely black for 1 second and then it worked properly again. This happened every couple minutes and at the end i just uninstalled the drivers, did a reg clean with CCleaner, used a special tool to clean old driver files and installed the latest stable release.
No problems so far.

It wasn't with my PC, but when I first got my PS3, it was trying to output a 1080p signal to my 720p TV. It would work intermittently and randomly turn black and come back on again every so often. I changed it to output 720p instead and I haven't had the issue since. I also have issues with my sound coming and going (handshake issue?) where I have to turn my TV off and on again to get it to come back.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
It wasn't with my PC, but when I first got my PS3, it was trying to output a 1080p signal to my 720p TV. It would work intermittently and randomly turn black and come back on again every so often. I changed it to output 720p instead and I haven't had the issue since. I also have issues with my sound coming and going (handshake issue?) where I have to turn my TV off and on again to get it to come back.

How did that work? Usually anything plugged into HDMI will automatically set the resolution to whatever the native is on the TV.

Originally Posted By: ironman_gq
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

How did that work? Usually anything plugged into HDMI will automatically set the resolution to whatever the native is on the TV.

No clue, I suspect it had something to do with the auto-setup on the PS3, but it hasn't done it since I switched the resolution within the system back to 720p. Placebo effect? Perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back