Commercial Door Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how this lock comes apart? It is on a aluminium framed glass exterior door at work.

Taking off the two Robertson screws doesn't do anything. Inside part of the lock (the one with the key in it) has no screws, turning it doesn't help. You can see the six rivets with their ends expanded, surely I don't have to grind their ends off?

You will more then likely have to pull the tumbler/cylinder out to remove it. I'm not a locksmith but I do lockpick as a hobby and I like to figure out how they work.

Last edited:
Isn't that a mortise type? Pull the screws, pull the cylinders, then pull some structure out, then get the rest in the mortise...

Looks like a standard flip lock. On the inside of the door, you should be able to unscrew the knob side with a channel lock pliers, the outside of the lock (key side) should just pull out. Some very few have two little 4-40 screws that hold the lock flip tab in place that would have to be removed. Access to those screws is from the inside of the door, through the lock hole after the knob side has been removed.

If the two little screws have to be removed to pull the exterior lock assembly, be sure to use a magnetic screwdriver, Those little screws will fall in the door and can be hard to find at the local hardware store.

Last edited:
Wow, the Youtube videos were really helpful.

The lock can now be only operated from the outside with the key, the thumb turn does not work. So I want to take the lock off to see if it can be fixed and,if not, I will replace the lock.

I think that lock use rivets.

I would use a torch and pry it out. Back in the days door locks were not made to be replace but the door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back