Coming out of the closet. I bought a Jeep Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Jeep owner here. Congrats on the New Liberty. The Bride and I actually looked at Liberties before we bought the Xterra back in 2005. The main reason we didn't buy one at the time was because we thought the interior was done rather cheaply. Don't know what they're like now. I honestly didn't even know you could buy a new vehicle without power windows anymore. I agree about the minimalist approach.

If you gave me one it would be on the market the next day. Having said that.......WHO CARES? You like it, it suits you, and that's all that matters. Enjoy it.

I actually like the looks of the Patriot. I like it much more than the new Cherokee. Congrats on the new Jeep, welcome to the addiction.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
In April, 2013 I bought a 2014 Jeep Patriot.
27.gif
Ahhh, I feel so much better now.
grin.gif
When The Critic learned of my purchase, I believe there was a tremor in California when he fell off his chair in disappointment.

Flame suit donned, bring it on.
28.gif

Why would you fret over what anyone else thinks of your choice of vehicle? If your self esteem is so low that you need encouragement, praise or pats on the back for your decisions, then you've made everybody your judge.

I thought it was a decent little vehicle when I test-drove a 2011 for the MIL. I was prepared to hate, and came away impressed with the Patriot after the refresh.

Enjoy the car, and who cares what others think as long as you're happy.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Why would you fret over what anyone else thinks of your choice of vehicle? If your self esteem is so low that you need encouragement, praise or pats on the back for your decisions, then you've made everybody your judge.

Well said. In my experience, only those who are insecure themselves would mock someone else's choice of vehicle.

My grandparents have a 2012 Patriot. It handles nice and rides smooth but it has the 2.0L with a CVT. I absolutely hate that car with a passion because of the motor and transmission. I thought my Camry was slow, but that Patriot can't even get out of its own way it has absolutely no power and merging on the freeway is nearly impossible. It's loud and holds at 6,000 rpms and speeds up just as much as when you hold it at 4,000 rpms. Glad you got a real transmission and bigger motor.

I don't think I have ever seen my name mentioned this many times in one thread!
lol.gif

At the end of the day, if you enjoy the car, don't worry about what we have to say.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My grandparents have a 2012 Patriot. It handles nice and rides smooth but it has the 2.0L with a CVT. I absolutely hate that car with a passion because of the motor and transmission. I thought my Camry was slow, but that Patriot can't even get out of its own way it has absolutely no power and merging on the freeway is nearly impossible. It's loud and holds at 6,000 rpms and speeds up just as much as when you hold it at 4,000 rpms. Glad you got a real transmission and bigger motor.

That's the nature of CVTs , unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Joe1

Well said. In my experience, only those who are insecure themselves would mock someone else's choice of vehicle.

It is not from mocking that this site suffers from but from belittling of one's financial choices.

And I don't think the OP is looking for praise. But I suspect many come to forums to "hang out"; I suspect for a number of us this place *is* where we go to discuss "life". Believe it or not but I suspect some do view this place as being a place to find one's peers.

Thank you everyone for the input. I participate here to learn first, contribute on things that I have experience with, and partake in the entertainment value (more on this later). I have real life people that I associate with and share the important matters. However, I am impressed with the people here that shed their testosterone shields and contribute real support when a person is down on their luck. Kudos to those genuine people.

- No, I did not make my post seeking empathy or approval. Really, a person that admits liking his past three 4 Cyl. short Caravans needs approval?? I did seek reactions to my assumptions that people DID put weight in magazine reviews and general perceptions. I invited members to a Chrysler bash, but got no takers.

- I DID follow up to TBDO that my post was somewhat a muse and that I don't care if a person buys a Hummer or a 500 hp Mustang. It's none of my business. The Critic and I maintain communication of respect and integrity, and his reaction last year to my non CRV purchase was cute, nothing more. Have no fear folks, I am enjoying my nearly one year old Patriot.

Now, its time to address these posts:
Quote:

Reply from Joe1

Pop Rivet,

It simply appears that you did not comprehend the nature of my original post nor read my follow up responses. I have nothing to hide regarding my challenges regarding an $18,000 dollar decision. I researched reviews, owners, and mechanics and made a "reluctant" decision that has panned out well. What's wrong with that? I DO consider other's judgement of me regarding my integrity, respect for others, and overall "goodness" as a person. Again, what's wrong with that? I have no shame for who I am and how I am, but your posts indicate that you have difficulty accepting others that differ from you.

It's a shame that a person of your age and wisdom cannot effectively share with others. Your recent insult of JHZR in your "Tuna" thread is typical of most of your condescending contributions. Moderators, correct me here if I am out of line, but everyone here knows that I am not lying or attacking, just pointing out the truth.

Regarding the entertainment value I receive here, I admit to occasionally throwing out the bait with anticipating a "hook, line, and sinker" response. In this case my self righteous rant was promptly answered, as expected. Fun.

Joe1, you may not comprehend the huge irony of your "mock" comment. I certainly recall a member's ecstatic thread about his very first starter home purchase (3 bedroom/2 bath). Pop Rivets reply was that if he lived life correctly, some day he might be able to buy a real home.

So, how about it Pop Rivit, are you capable of sharing your wisdom sans the snide comments about everyone?

enjoy your Jeep.

My parents have 07 Caliber, 2.0 with CVT, havent had a single problem with it so far, yearly oil change with Mobil 1 0w-20 and it just chugs a long.

How is the mileage with the 6 spd auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back