Collinite beading and reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Racerjk
I've used Zaino,Collinite,NXT,Ultima,etc... and none of them have performed as promised.

Zaino is an interesting story. It has lasted far longer than promised on my 04 saab, no idea why. On my 82 MB it has done as promised. On my 11 BMW, it doesnt seem to last at all.

All were dawn washed before application, on the BMW it is the first thing ever applied.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Meh, tried most of these and none last half as long as NuFinish. They might shine better but nothing is as durable or protects longer.

been there, done that, got the stiff arm. Cant say I agree.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Meh, tried most of these and none last half as long as NuFinish. They might shine better but nothing is as durable or protects longer.

+2 NuFinish is overrated.

9 months outside using NuFinish:
100_2711.jpg

do you mean 9 months SINCE using NuFinish? or 9 months straight of using NuFinish?

Looks good, but based on your picture I'm guessing there's little to fall on the car when it's outside, and living in CO I'm guessing there isn't particularly much atmospheric fallout or pollution to concern yourself with, either. Try living in the densely populated, heavily wooded east and I suspect it wouldn't look like that after 9 months.

when using the gold class were you using it at the recommended dosage? gold class is not a ph neutral soap it is slightly alkaline so if the dosage is off it could strip wax over time.

Originally Posted By: cchase

Looks good, but based on your picture I'm guessing there's little to fall on the car when it's outside, and living in CO I'm guessing there isn't particularly much atmospheric fallout or pollution to concern yourself with, either. Try living in the densely populated, heavily wooded east and I suspect it wouldn't look like that after 9 months.

My thoughts exactly. But then again, nu finish could last a whole year and it would still have no place in my detailing arsenal. I'm personally not a fan of the stuff. If I want a product that lasts a long, long time, there are plenty of much better options (for me). But hey, nu finish has a decent following, so they must be doing something right....marketing. The once a year car polish...
laugh.gif

It has rained TWICE in the last two weeks,and the rain has already put a hurtin' on the NXT 2.0 I've been using. I'm glad I got the NXT for free because I would be ticked off for buying something that doesn't perform any better than that. I'm switching back to Collinite or getting some Duragloss as soon as the NXT is gone.

Regarding Zaino,I emailed Sal Zaino about the poor performance several times,and he pretty much blew me off. Most of the hardcore Zaino people say you couldn't possibly be applying it correctly. Whatever. Therefore I started trying other products.

Originally Posted By: swirlparanoid
when using the gold class were you using it at the recommended dosage? gold class is not a ph neutral soap it is slightly alkaline so if the dosage is off it could strip wax over time.

GREAT question. Hope I was.

Its still a great soap to use. Im not really sure it would be strong enough to strip it but i bet it could start to over time if the dosage was too much.

Eagle One makes a soap that is blue and contains wax. I use it and I have great results with the Collinite products lasting. You might just be slowly stripping your wax not didn't realize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back