Collective car nouns, real and imagined

From Hagerty:

What do you call a group of Corvettes? Collective car nouns, real and imagined

Several Fiestas, back-to-back, is a "bender".
A group of parked Subaru wagons is either a "trailhead" or a "cylinder head repair shop."

crackmeup2.gif

Here's one that often crosses my mind. Is the plural of Prius "Priuses" or "Prii?"

Originally Posted by Trav
A group of parked Subaru wagons is either a "trailhead" or a "cylinder head repair shop."

lol.gif
Sad but true.

+1

From the comments to the original article:
A "smugness" of Priuses
A "clan" of Highlanders

Those were good.

When I have been at a road course when there happens to be a group of Corvettes running line astern not letting anyone else pass they call it a "Corvette Conga Line"

Originally Posted by DBMaster
Here's one that often crosses my mind. Is the plural of Prius "Priuses" or "Prii?"
Officially Prii according to Toyota, I read someplace. Same Latin form as plural of radius = radii.

Originally Posted by CR94
Officially Prii according to Toyota, I read someplace. Same Latin form as plural of radius = radii.

lol.gif

Herd of Tauri (Taurus)

Marquee of Neons

Empire of Azteks

Quake of Vibes

of course, a Swarm of Beetles

just a few ideas...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CR94

lol.gif

How about Lexus? Is the plural "Lexuses" or "Lexi?"

nope. it's Lexus
1 Lexus, 2 Lexus, 78 Lexus. 1 Moose, 2 Moose, 78 moose.

or to be truly asinine: it could be Lexxus...
1 Lexus, 2 Lexxus, 78 Lexxus

I looked this up and saw that some Toyota people do say "Lexuses" because it's not an actual Greek word. It's made up. I usually get around it by saying "Lexus vehicles." 8-{D>

A month late earlyre but you said above, "nope. it's Lexus 1 Lexus, 2 Lexus, 78 Lexus. 1 Moose, 2 Moose, 78 moose.

How do you know this? What is it which matches Lexus with moose?

1 deer, 2 deer, 78 deer. Oh dear!

My "gut phonetics" agrees with you but the "Toyota people" do carry weight.

Last edited:
Back