Colin Powell dies at age 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posts I removed were political and so, inappropriate for BITOG.

Criticism of someone upon their passing is simply inappropriate.
I don't feel that someone passing means they're immune to criticism or should be honored blindly. Their life was their life.

Some remember him fondly, others don't. His passing brings up some strong emotions from both camps.

That's a sad one. I may not have agreed with everything he did in the last 20 years, but I still had a lot of respect for him.

I'm all for criticizing public figures, but speaking ill of the dead is a line I don't like to cross. I'd rather remember him for the good he did instead of the bad.

I don't feel that someone passing means they're immune to criticism or should be honored blindly. Their life was their life.

Some remember him fondly, others don't. His passing brings up some strong emotions from both camps.
Didn’t say anyone was immune but the moment of their passing is a time for respect.

To treat it as an opportunity for criticism is gauche, at best.

Criticism in the moment of a person’s passing says far more about the one who feels they have to say something negative, than it says about the recently deceased.

Discussion can happen later.

If that discussion is political in nature, then another forum would be the better place for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back