cold pour test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local news in Mn had a reporter tell how important it is to get ready for the cold weather. He said to change your oil to 5w-30. He had a cup of 5w-30 and a cup of 10w-40 and said he had them outside for 3 hours. This was in 0f weather. He then poured out the 10w-40 and it was thick milky white. He then poured out the 5w-30 and it was cleaner looking and a little thinner. Then the anchor lady said " yeah, i'll bet that 5w-30 stuff is more expensive too". This shows how much people know or think about there oil.

This goes to show that many people are but grazing cows in the pasture of life--as long as they get to chew the cud they are used to, they dont want to be bothered. Journalists and reporters are more so.

Dan

That story makes me
lol.gif
mad.gif
, and
gr_eek2.gif
all at the same time.

Given how expensive cars have become both to buy/lease and repair, you would think people would actually care to learn just a little itty bit about maintenance.

Case in point: I was outside shoveling my driveway; the temp. was -26c (-15f). My neighbor went out to her car (parked outside overnight)jumped in, started it up and ROARED down the street. I have NEVER! heard a car make such a brutal screeching (nails on chalkboard...)grinding, horrific noise in my life.

But I bet it warmed up REAL! fast...
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back