coke or pepsi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, pepsi is better.
05.gif

Pepsi. I've been trying to stop drinking the stuff entirely. I find it burns the inside of my mouth. I would die for a vanilla coke though!

Originally Posted By: Warlord
I would die if I drank a vanilla coke though!

Fixed your sentence. Vanilla Coke =
37.gif

Really drink very little fizzy pop. Maybe 10 cans/bottles per year.

I actually like the taste of Coke better, but I drink NO HFCS drinks. Target doesn't have Mexican Coke anymore! Jones Soda Cola is not bad, but the taste varies, sometimes VERY good, sometimes burnt to the point of spun sugar flavor, but low caramel. Odd.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Coca Cola Zero tastes just like regular Coca Cola and it's 0 calories.

coke zero is nasty, as is dr.pepper and any other diet soda.
45.gif
yes, avoide it.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
I once took the pepsi challenge and the had Coke Pepsi and RC from can, glass bottle, plastic bottle and from the fountain.

I actually was the first to Identify them all.

I like Coke overall.

However I like REAL COKE even better. What do I mean??? Do you remember New Coke or Coke II??? Well new coke was actually a marketing ploy to rid the US of coke with sugar so they could substitute High Fructose Corn syrup!!!

I just happened to be in Spain(dad was stationed there in the Navy) during the fiasco where the local economy (Spain) never changed. So when coke classic just came out we had some for the first time again with one of the priest and was immediately struck something is wrong. Well the Pizza parlor had both Spanish canned and American stuff so we started comparing.

Original RECIPE??? Not even close.

While I still prefer it to Pepsi does not come close to the real stuff. Try some of the local Mexican Hole in the Wall restaurants and see if they have glass bottle stuff from Mexico and give the REAL COKE MAD WITH SUGAR a taste again.

You'll cry!

I buy the Real Coke from Mexico with sugar at Costcos, they always have a pallet sitting on the floor with cases of Coke
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Ill take RC Cola

Rc cola is also another of my favorites. GOOD STUFF!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Ill take RC Cola

I had an uncle who worked for Quench-Nesbitts and he would bring soda pop whenever he would visit, e.g., RC Cola, Quench, Honey Dew, Dad's Root Beer... Yes, he was one of my favorite uncles as a kid!

Speaking of RC Cola, many years ago (circa 1974) they had a contest whereby you could win up to a dollar from whatever was printed under the bottle cap. Well, some complaints were voiced that the dollar caps were extremely scarce and so my uncle dumped an ENTIRE BAGFUL of dollar cap liners in the machine!!! Somewhere in the Seattle area the customers made out real good.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Coke only with Rum

thumbsup2.gif

The request "I'll have a rum and pepsi" just doesn't resonate. Coke for me too btw.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Dr Pepper!

I like Dr. Pepper too but will drink Coke or Pepsi just the same. Anyhow if you are ever in Texas you have to try Dublin Dr. Pepper. It is the ONLY Dr.Pepper brewery in the world that stills makes Dr. Pepper the original old fashioned way using pure cane sugar instead of artificial sweetners. The taste is incredible and so smooth and better for you I am sure! Plus they come in glass bottles like old times!

As kids we drank all kinds of cola. Besides Coke and Pepsi, RC and Afri-Cola were popular. Afri-Cola had the highest caffeine content of any cola, so everyone was on it during high school. Now there's Fritz-Cola, which I haven't tried yet, but its caffeine content is also at the legal limit. Wikipedia says it contains 250 ml caffeine per liter.
grin2.gif

I try to stay away from pop, but if I do it's Coke. RC Cola is great too, but not at all popular around here. I imagine most local stores only sell a couple dozen cases per year, if they stock it at all.

Don't y'all down south call everything Coke? As in using "coke" as a generic descriptor in place of soda or pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back