coke or pepsi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: marshall25
At first didn't like it, but after I drank the bottle, I really liked it.

Maybe it was tomacco juice!

Originally Posted By: marshall25
Anybody seen the Pepsi Throwback? It's pepsi sweetened with sugar instead of HFCS. Saw it in the grocery store last night in cans and 20 oz bottles. So I got a bottle to try. At first didn't like it, but after I drank the bottle, I really liked it.

Have a few cans cooling in the fridge. We shall see.

There's also "Pepsi Natural" which seems to be some kind of organic Pepsi. That's in the fridge too.

I heard an ad for throwback on the radio and checked several stores, none had it.

Finally found bottles (ONE SINGLE 20 oz bottle for $1) at walmart and got one to try.

Feh, I'm a coke drinker, "more vanilla/less sweet" being their recipe and my preference, but I got the pepsi to support the sugar over HFCS endeavor!

32.gif
Last month my wife dragged me to southern MA for IKEA (blech!) so I exited I-95 near boston (heard more Jewish population there) in search of "Passover Coke"... never found it.

Lemon snapple, I just stumbled upon, all sugar. That is GOOD!

I just tried both Pepsi and Mt Dew throwback, much crisper taste and a very crisp clean finish. Nothing like the slimy bland taste and finish of sodas using HFCS. I hope it gets enough support for Pepsi to continue to make it.

During the last great recession 78 to 81 work was slow so I used to drive tanker truck for Coca Cola U.S.A , made tons of $$$ and was treated fairly well so I like Coke . The Coca Cola U.S.A. plant where the syrup plant was spotless clean and sanitary "where the Coke concentrate syrup was made" and the bottling plants "the franchises that put the product into cans were also spotless clean and sanitary" All the product comming into the Coca Cola was lab tested for purity so as far as I know Coca Cola is quality soda. Although sugar is the king and I don't really like the HFCS taste. I am not a soda drinker though.

No standardisation, at least here, taste spectrum so wide that I can see no reason to actually go "choose" that bold red brand. But in general Coke changed its taste, maybe gradually, by the early 90's. More "apetizing" aroma but tastes too sour for me, especially to blend with liquors. Any cheap supermarket brand is my choice with that bad aroma (which is a stopper for consuming too much) but resembles original taste of the 70's or 80's cokes better. In absence I prefer Pepsi, simply try to avoid Coke. Also, I don't think it's all related to the sugar.

Last edited:
New Mountain Dew and Pepsi with sugar is good, I hope they stick with it. Not a big soda drinker, but once in awhile a cold pop hits the spot.

I have no idea what the corn syrup industries are going to do if this starts a new trend and they can't pawn this [censored] off to soda makers anymore.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
New Mountain Dew and Pepsi with sugar is good, I hope they stick with it. Not a big soda drinker, but once in awhile a cold pop hits the spot.

I have no idea what the corn syrup industries are going to do if this starts a new trend and they can't pawn this [censored] off to soda makers anymore.
Turn it into motor oil????
cheers3.gif
Alcohol
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

+1

I was getting my Jack and Coke supplies and saw the Pepsi Throwback. I got my 2L of Coke(as allways) and a 20oz of Throwback. I AM NOW A Throwback and Jack man!!!!!!

Throwback feels a lot thinner in your mouth, yet more sweet.

With Jack, it can't be beat.

It even sounds better. Throwback and Jack. . .
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Just had a Pepsi Throwback today! REALLY good! Vastly superior to the HFCS product. It actually tasted like the stuff I remember when I was a kid.

It makes you wonder how they were able to switch to HFCS without massive complaining.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
Coke
Pepsi taste too sweet and flat compaired to Coke.

45.gif

29.gif

Last edited:
I tried the Pepsi and Mountain Dew throwback versions now. Maybe my palate is burned out from decades of HFCS, but I can hardly tell the difference. A bit different aftertaste, more sugary, but that's about it.

For the fans, they are only selling the throwback versions until June 13, so stock up while you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back