Cloth Seat Cleaning

I'm going to attempt cleaning a seat for someone. I'm not sure what is on it. I think soft drink and possibly some energy drink spilled all over it.

I'm thinking I need to soak it first with something. Tuff Stuff? Simple green? Spray carpet cleaner?

After it soaks. I'm thinking a brush and warm water with the wet dry vac to suck up the water.

Any suggestions? Seats are a tan cloth.
IMG_20210909_223924342.jpg
IMG_20210909_223907618.jpg

Any mild detergent or all purpose cleaner (read directions in case dilution is needed to be safe for interiors) would be fine; it would be more down to method/technique used. You have the right technique down needing a brush to agitate then extracting it. Since you also have a water extractor, I'd recommend using some kind of drill brush agitator to save you time and arm pain, not to mention to get better results.

Use a Carpet "steam " cleaner with an upholstery cleaning attachment and the recommended carpet cleaner.

I found that FOLEX works the best for me. The only thing it works so good you end up cleaning everything. Once its cleaned I then treat the fabric with Finish Renu Fabric Protection FR-74 . This will treat any fiber material. then the next time something get stained the clean up is simple using a damp cloth and dabbing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_082226494.jpg
    IMG_20210910_082226494.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 8
Regardless of what you use, anything sprayed on need to be removed and/or neutralized in some fashion.
Folex you should try it. Most cases spray it on on with bad stains maybe rub a little with figure or a light cleaning brush, leave it on then when dry just vacuum. Tan and white carpet and seat material it will remove catsup, BLOOD, wine some synthetic oils (ya I know this one for sure.. ) and most all dirt. I have not come across an accident yet that I could not get it out acting quickly with the Folex.
I have had a ageing 18 year old CAT in a carpeted house when I wish I had learned about Folex a little sooner.
Now I have another cat that is 19 years old and I am sure I will be going through that experience again.

Lately we have been letting our cat come and go in the back yard as he once. At his age he can't jump the fence but he does track in the mud? He unlike most cat like to run in the sprinkler on the lawn. Maybe it is dementia thing with cats at his age? IDK?

Folex you should try it. Most cases spray it on on with bad stains maybe rub a little with figure or a light cleaning brush, leave it on then when dry just vacuum. Tan and white carpet and seat material it will remove catsup, BLOOD, wine some synthetic oils (ya I know this one for sure.. ) and most all dirt. I have not come across an accident yet that I could not get it out acting quickly with the Folex.
I have had a ageing 18 year old CAT in a carpeted house when I wish I had learned about Folex a little sooner.
Now I have another cat that is 19 years old and I am sure I will be going through that experience again.

Lately we have been letting our cat come and go in the back yard as he once. At his age he can't jump the fence but he does track in the mud? He unlike most cat like to run in the sprinkler on the lawn. Maybe it is dementia thing with cats at his age? IDK?
I have tried it, but I still use an extractor to rinse out the residue.

Folex works well, but the residue does not just evaporate.

I always start with mild dish soap & water. Dawn is my go to product but, you only need a few drops in water. Just enough to get some bubbles(not lather or foam).
I actually always start with clothes detergent (Costco extra mild) - body and insides - no solvents or degreasers.
Just did my driver's seat before dealer trip.
Much like a computer screen, never actually sprayed on, wet cloths delivered to seat.
Scrubbed a bit, didn't quite do it, so upgrade to Dawn water.
(Mine was probably oil and vinegar from Subway.)
I used a fine, flexible brush to get 'between' thick threads.
As soon as possible, used 'lined' shop vac (clean shop towel on suck end - JIC).
Figured out where sun would be direct for a few hours, spun car, door open to receive.

Back