Clicked on something and now BITOG is talking to me

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Reading BITOG and drinking coffee, I switched screens to play my favorite early Sunday morning station:https://www.christiannetcast.com/listen/player.asp?station=khoy-fm .

I also keep the laptop on speakers off until my Wife gets up. She gets up, I active the laptop speakers, and I hear the computer broadcasting a thread I just read on BITOG. I thought how weird is that I had some news web-sites open, and thought it was a news website. I started closing the news website screens, and the talking continued. And then the speaker broadcast a BITOG user name.

Discovered either BITOG or the Microsoft browser was reading the posts on BITOG and converting them to voice. How weird is that.

Did you notice any black helicopters over your house last night or strange humming coming through your tv speakers?
I have black helicopters flying directly over my house every single night, I really do. And the pilots often fly map of the earth in many cases- super low.

And some of these black helicopters have some very interesting modifications.

I have black helicopters flying directly over my house every single night, I really do. And the pilots often fly map of the earth in many cases- super low.

And some of these black helicopters have some very interesting modifications.
I think the pilots were flying NAP-of-the-earth. If you've ever hung off the side of a huey while the pilot is feeling his oats you learn that term quickly. If they're flying MAP then it's IFR,,, I follow roads.

I think the pilots were flying NAP-of-the-earth. If you've ever hung off the side of a huey while the pilot is feeling his oats you learn that term quickly. If they're flying MAP then it's IFR,,, I follow roads.
You are correct, NAP of the earth. And I have in fact hung off the side of a Huey flying nap of the earth many times, waiting for a tap on my brain bucket to exit the Huey, typically at 2200 ft AGL.

You are correct, NAP of the earth. And I have in fact hung off the side of a Huey flying nap of the earth many times, waiting for a tap on my brain bucket to exit the Huey, typically at 2200 ft AGL.
You weren't flying NOE if you were at 2200' AGL. That's nearly a half-a-mile up. If you heard the rotors chopping trees then you were flying NOE.

How do you turn it back off?
Yes, there was a place to click at the very top of the screen. How weird to hear it. It was a surprise, because a thread I was reading (or BITOG was speaking) was also a top story on a major news web-site, that I happened to be viewing. Just a very weird coincidence.

You weren't flying NOE if you were at 2200' AGL. That's nearly a half-a-mile up. If you heard the rotors chopping trees then you were flying NOE.
NAP of the earth is flown until the drop location is near, the pilots increase altitude as 2200 feet AGL is typically required for an air insertion in a non-combat training environment, as 2200 feet is considered high (time) enough to deploy a reserve chute if there is a main chute malfunction.

I tried it (pressing Windows +ctrl + enter simulntaneously) and indeed, the computer highlighted individual words in a blue box while speaking them. Didn't know.

What I need is access to the tables of international currencies and math symbols etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
NAP of the earth is flown until the drop location is near, the pilots increase altitude as 2200 feet AGL is typically required for an air insertion in a non-combat training environment, as 2200 feet is considered high (time) enough to deploy a reserve chute if there is a main chute malfunction.
Did you quote that from memory of your time in the service or did you have to go looking for data on the internet to defend your comments? Just curious considering you didn't even correctly know the phrase was "NAP" and not "MAP".

Not hammering on you, just pointing out the truth.

Did you quote that from memory of your time in the service or did you have to go looking for data on the internet to defend your comments? Just curious considering you didn't even correctly know the phrase was "NAP" and not "MAP".

Not hammering on you, just pointing out the truth.
I'd say you might consider being open to expanding horizons beyond what you know as fact/ truth. You might discover what you learned in a textbook, classroom, or even field environment is not all encompassing.

Yes, my memory is failing, and I am no longer in the air insertion business. No, I didn't and don't need to search the internet for airborne operations.

And to your question- you might want to look at your keyboard and observe that n and m are next to each other, and also be aware of that autocorrect is not always utilized.

I'd say you might consider being open to expanding horizons beyond what you know as fact/ truth. You might discover what you learned in a textbook, classroom, or even field environment is not all encompassing.

Yes, my memory is failing, and I am no longer in the air insertion business. No, I didn't and don't need to search the internet for airborne operations.

And to your question- you might want to look at your keyboard and observe that n and m are next to each other, and also be aware of that autocorrect is not always utilized.
GON! Thank you for your service! I am glad you survived the air insertion business..

Reading BITOG and drinking coffee, I switched screens to play my favorite early Sunday morning station:https://www.christiannetcast.com/listen/player.asp?station=khoy-fm .

I also keep the laptop on speakers off until my Wife gets up. She gets up, I active the laptop speakers, and I hear the computer broadcasting a thread I just read on BITOG. I thought how weird is that I had some news web-sites open, and thought it was a news website. I started closing the news website screens, and the talking continued. And then the speaker broadcast a BITOG user name.

Discovered either BITOG or the Microsoft browser was reading the posts on BITOG and converting them to voice. How weird is that.
Glad to see you are still with us after buying that motorcycle.😁

Back