Clever and whimsical Hyundai ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyundai has been running a series of really clever cartoon ads.
On the back page of this week's "Economist", there is a giant sausage grinder into which an enormous diamond is being dropped by a crane.
The grinder is manned by a number of techs, and out the other end a stream of smaller diamonds are expelled into the air, which morph into cars that then descend on parachutes.
On the ground, there is group of techs packing the used 'chutes as a newly landed car drives off, with other cars almost on the ground.
There is no real text, only "The new cut Premium for All" followed with the tagline for the series "live brilliant".
This is one of the cutest, most clever and most wonderfully whimsical car ads I've seen in many years.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Maybe somebody with a faster connection than I can upload one?

20140712_125049_zpsotshp4h_edit_1405194784626_zps5qwttkn3.jpg

Cute. You have to think Hyundai think of themselves as the new VW and perhaps are going after their formerly glorious marketing in spirit.

VW_ad_small.jpg

How times have changed.
Can you imagine the reaction to that VW ad today?

Thanks!
Can you post the "evolution" one as well.
It's even funnier with a few subtle anachronisms.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
How times have changed.
Can you imagine the reaction to that VW ad today?
its true though

In some cases it is.
I can tell you that my wife has never bent sheet metal through her fault in all the years I've known her.
I also know some men who can't drive at all.
Now, my wife once drove the Forester through more than a foot of snow in the yard just to avoid having to move or have me move a couple of other cars.
She knew that the Subie was capable of it and she was unafraid to do it.
She does know how to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back